LINGUIST List 24.3296|
Sun Aug 18 2013
Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Turkey
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: John Adamson <johnadamson253hotmail.com>
Subject: English Scholars Beyond Borders
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: English Scholars Beyond Borders
Short Title: ESBB
Date: 20-Mar-2014 - 22-Mar-2014
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Contact Person: Roger Nunn
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/conference/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2013
A new teaching organization, ESBB (English Scholars Beyond Borders) http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/conference/, is arranging a conference in Turkey March 20-22, 2014 in Izmir, Turkey to be hosted by Dokuz Eylül University School of Education.
The aim of the conference is to assemble scholars from across the globe to share ideas and expand our epistemological horizons. While the conference theme is English Beyond Borders, this can be understood in the broadest possible sense as our intention is to embrace epistemological diversity in English education and research.
Registration fees: $200 for presenters, $50 to attend without presenting
Call for Papers:
This will be our inaugural conference and topics might address themes in relation to English as an International Language, international publishing or cross cultural research, but might also include:
- Crossing interdisciplinary borders
- Embracing holistic approaches to language and language teaching with relevance across borders and disciplines
- Studies which critically investigate academic publishing from the perspectives of authors, reviewers/editors, and Open Access
- New approaches to any applied linguistic discipline that expands horizons in the field such as materials design, approaches to assessment
- Making connections between different aspects of our field
- A local innovation or local action research preferably but not obligatorily inspired by any of the themes above
- Integrated curriculum including content and language integration
Proposals can be sent to: proposalsenglishscholarsbeyondborders.org. Proposals should include brief biodata, a 50-75 word abstract and a one page summary of approximately 300 words.
Deadline for proposals: November 15, 2013.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 18-Aug-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.