LINGUIST List 24.3326|
Thu Aug 22 2013
Jobs: Hindi; Urdu; Applied Ling; General Ling: Adjunct Instructor, University of Oregon
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Jeff Magoto <JMagotouoregon.edu>
Subject: Hindi; Urdu; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Adjunct Instructor, University of Oregon, Oregon, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Oregon
Department: Yamada Language Center
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://babel.uoregon.edu/
Job Rank: Adjunct Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Hindi (hin)
Yamada Language Center at the University of Oregon invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor in Hindi-Urdu. This position is a term-by-term contract. The pool will remain open for one year and the position will remain open until filled.
The assignment is to teach one class of Hindi-Urdu per term and to participate in the development of the Hindi-Urdu program (up to 15 hours per term), 40% FTE. The salary range for this position is $14,400 to $16,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Required qualifications for the position include:
- MA in Language Teaching, Linguistics, Foreign Language Education or equivalent training as a language instructor
- Native or near-native proficiency in the language
- Knowledge of current second-language teaching methodologies
- Ability and willingness to teach introductory and intermediate courses
Desired qualities for the position include:
- Experience in developing language materials, curricula, and assessments
- College teaching experience
- Ability to contribute to a team of less-commonly-taught language (LCTL) instructors
The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds. Successful applicants must be able to obtain U.S. work authorization.
Review of applications is ongoing, based on program needs. Position will remain open until filled. Please send (as email attachments if possible):
1) a letter of application
2) curriculum vitae
3) the names of three referees to: Jeff Magoto at the application address below. Email queries welcome at the application email address below.
The University of Oregon is committed to a campus environment that is enriched and informed by the personal, cultural and intellectual differences of its students, faculty, staff and visitors. The UO is an equal opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disability Act.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Director Jeff Magoto
Yamada Language Center
1236 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1236
Email Address for Applications: ylcuoregon.edu
Director Jeff Magoto
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 22-Aug-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.