LINGUIST List 24.3363|
Mon Aug 26 2013
Jobs: Sepedi; Swahili; Tswana; Xhosa; Zulu; Applied Ling; Comp Ling; General Ling: Linguists, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalolionbridge.com>
Subject: Sepedi; Swahili; Tswana; Xhosa; Zulu; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguists, Lionbridge
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Computational Linguists and Linguists
Job Rank: Linguists
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Afrikaans (afr)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, computational linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for Computational Linguists and Linguists, for our current and possible future projects.
- For Computational Linguists: Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics
- For Linguists: Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics
- Native language one of the following: Sesotho sa leboa, Setswana, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, and Swahili
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in Language Technology- either educational or work experience
- Experience in language tool development
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, XML, Regular Expression, etc.)
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work
- Experience in the field of phonetics and Speech engines development is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time or full-time from home on freelancer basis
Please send your application and CV to the application email address below, including information on your availability and hourly rate request.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tamperelionbridge.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Aug-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.