LINGUIST List 24.3429|
Tue Sep 03 2013
Jobs: Polish; Comp Ling; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Ling: Project Manager, Google UK Ltd
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Neil Berry <neilberrhotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Polish; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Project Manager, Google UK Ltd, Warsaw, Poland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google UK Ltd
Job Location: Warsaw, Poland
Job Title: TTS Linguistic Project Manager (Polish)
Job Rank: Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Polish (pol)
Google is looking for a talented linguistic project manager to manage an interesting language technology project.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and manage a linguistic team of Polish Data Evaluators in various linguistic and editing tasks
- Manage the process of large-scale data annotation and transcription
- Manage the process of developing pronunciation lexicons
- Assist with recording a large-scale speech corpus
- Polish native-level speaker
- Excellent knowledge of Polish phonetics and phonology
- Ability to manage a team of Linguists and Data Evaluators
- Ability to manage a complex project using standard project management tools
- PhD in Polish Linguistics or Applied Linguistics
- Interest in new technologies, basic programming skills and experience in Computational Linguistics will be considered a plus.
This is a temporary position for 9 months, with a possibility of extension. The position is based in Google’s Warsaw office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to an exciting project and work with world-class experts in the field.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Mr Neil Berry
76 Buckingham Palace Road
London sw1w 9tq
Email Address for Applications: tts_jobsgoogle.com
Mr Neil Berry
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 6-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.