LINGUIST List 24.3497|
Thu Sep 05 2013
Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; General Ling: Asst/Assoc/Full Prof, National Taiwan University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: KaiXiang Wu <anne139711gmail.com>
Subject: Mandarin Chinese; General Linguistics: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: National Taiwan University
Department: Graduate Program of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
Job Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Web Address: http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntutcsl/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor; Full Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
The Graduate Program of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language at National Taiwan University invites applications for two faculty positions at all ranks (Assistant, Associate, or full professor) to begin in August 2014.
- Application for this position is open to scholars with a Ph.D. in Chinese Linguistics, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Chinese Society and Culture, or CSL-related area.
- Responsibilities will include teaching, research, thesis supervision, student advising, and committee services.
- Applicants applying for professor level must have already been professor (or research fellow) for at least three years. Applicants applying for associate level must have already been associate professor (or associate research fellow) for at least two years. Applicants applying for assistant level must have at least two years of work experience.
The application package should include six copies of the following documents:
(1) CV (must include the applicant's phone number and e-mail address).
(2) A list of major publications
(3) Ph.D. diploma and graduate transcripts
(4) Evidence of work experience (if any)
(5) Representative works in foreign languages or Chinese published after August 2009 (each Chinese work must be accompanied by a 500-word abstract. Each foreign language work must include a 5000-word summary in Chinese).
(6) Additional supporting works published after August 2007.
(7) Planned future course syllabus and research projects (the description of each course or future research idea should not exceed two pages of A4 sheets). The format of course syllabus can be downloaded at http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntutcsl/.
Application Deadline and General Information:
Appointment begins on August 1, 2014. By October 31, 2014, interested applicants should send their application directly to the address below for initial screening to Wu Kai-Xiang at the application address below.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide a substantial dossier and other
credentials for further evaluation. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in
Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Job Application KaiXiang Wu
Graduate Program of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
National Taiwan University
1, Roosevelt Road, Sec. 4
Job Application KaiXiang Wu
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.