LINGUIST List 24.3505|
Thu Sep 05 2013
Jobs: Socioling: Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Joseph Eska <eskavt.edu>
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech, Virginia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Virginia Tech
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.english.vt.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics
The Department of English at Virginia Tech invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Sociolinguistics to begin August 2014.
- Ph.D. in hand by 1 August 2014
- Ability to teach courses in general linguistics and other core linguistic areas, as well as sociolinguistics
- Promise of significant research and publication
- Evidence of successful teaching
- Publication and conference presentations
- Background in experimental phonetics
- Teaching/working with diverse populations
- On-going publication commensurate with a research faculty position
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in linguistics
- serving on departmental, college, and university committees; and advising students
- Teaching load 2/2
Applications must be submitted electronically at the application URL below referencing posting number TR0130062. Attach to the electronic application a letter of interest that addresses the qualifications and responsibilities stated above, a curriculum vitae, and a writing sample (upload to ‘Other Doc’). Three letters of recommendation should be sent by referees directly to Patty Morse at either the application email address or the department address below. Address queries to Joseph F. Eska at the contact email address below. Applications will be acknowledge via e-mail.
Review of applications will begin 22 October and continue until the position is filled. Video interviews with semifinalists in December will be followed by campus visits for finalists in early 2014.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans. Individuals with disabilities who desire accommodation in the application process should contact Patty Morse.
Virginia Tech is a research-extensive university that enrolls more than 30,000 students.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Department of English
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112
Email Address for Applications: pattym1vt.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://www.jobs.vt.edu
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.