LINGUIST List 24.365|
Mon Jan 21 2013
Jobs: English; Applied Ling; TESOL: Asst/Assoc Prof, The University of Aizu
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: John Brine <clr-positionu-aizu.ac.jp>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant/Associate Professor, The University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The University of Aizu
Job Location: Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan
Web Address: http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp/positions/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Center for Language Research, University of Aizu, Japan
Associate or Senior Associate level, based on candidate qualifications. Now accepting applications for three tenure-track appointments.
Starting Date: October 1, 2013 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
- Doctorate in hand (or proof of imminent completion).
- Experience in teaching English as a foreign language. (Experience in EFL for computer science or engineering students will be viewed favorably.)
- Among other specializations, our center has a need for applicants with
training and experience in assessment of language proficiency; and/or
experience with computer-assisted language learning, although our primary consideration will be the selection of a candidate from those with strengths in English language teaching.
- Scholarly publications and professional experience.
- International experience (preferable to have lived, studied, or worked outside one’s native country).
Teach 4-5 courses per semester (including one thesis writing course; each course meets for 90 minutes per week), develop instruction, serve on committees, conduct research and publish
Highly competitive, and based on the university’s established salary scale
- Subsidized furnished housing in faculty apartments
- Large, well-equipped private office in modern building
- New-employee allowance for computer and research equipment
- Well-equipped, high-tech classrooms
- Annual budget for research, business travel, academic memberships, etc.
- Consulting and other business activities permitted
- Winter utilities allowance
- Full-time employment with retirement and health benefits
- Transportation costs to Aizuwakamatsu
- Only two and a half hours from Tokyo by train
Please see http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp
Include the following documents combined in a single PDF file in the prescribed order below. Please do not use online CV services.
- Cover letter (in English)
- CV (in English)
- Copies of two representative publications (in English)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information (including email) of three people who will recommend you
- Photocopies of university diplomas (with English translations if not originally in English)
- URLs of any online work or educational materials (in English)
All documents should be sent to the application email address below.
Review of applications will begin immediately and conclude on March 1, 2013
Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Professor Kyoko Okudaira
Office for Planning and Management
University of Aizu
Attention: CLR Faculty Selection Committee
Email Address for Applications: clr-positionu-aizu.ac.jp
Web Address for Applications: http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp/positions/
Professor John Brine
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.