LINGUIST List 24.3712|
Sat Sep 21 2013
Jobs: Anthro Ling; Applied Ling; General Ling: Instructional Designer-Linguist, Alelo
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Kate Henderson <khendersonalelo.com>
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Instructional Designer-Linguist, Alelo, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Alelo
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://alelo.com
Job Title: Instructional Designer-Linguist
Job Rank: Instructional Designer-Linguist
Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative environment. We employ top professionals in artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, speech recognition, human-computer interaction, game design, graphics arts, animation, media production, instructional design, project management, anthropology, linguistics, and foreign languages.
We are seeking an experienced Instructional Designer - Linguist to join our growing development team. In this position, you will be involved in multiple facets of researching, designing, creating, and reviewing instructional content that leverages social simulation to teach communication skills.
- Designing instructional content involving language (ILR Levels 1-3+) and/or culture
- Conducting and validating research for courses
- Recruiting, coordinating, and interviewing subject matter experts
- Designing and implementing conversations for instructional social simulations
- Using proprietary and/or 3rd-party tools for organizing, authoring and implementing course content
- Collaborating and providing input on the work of other content developers
- Testing and bug-fixing of content
- Assistance with proposal writing
Skills and Experience must include:
- Minimum of two years of related work experience, including, but not limited to, language or culture education, technology-based learning, e-learning, instructional content development, instructional design, game design, academic research
- Experience developing curricula and assessments for computer-aided language learning (ILR Levels 1-3+)
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Anthropology, Education, Instructional Technology, or related field
- Knowledge of additional languages besides English (preferably Arabic, Farsi, Mandarin, or Russian)
- Exemplary English writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven initiative and ability to work both independently and in small teams
- Desire to have ownership and responsibility for your work
Preference will be given to candidates whose background includes:
- Experience coordinating projects and/or leading small teams
- Curriculum design
- Linguistic or ethnographic fieldwork
- Master’s degree or PhD in Linguistics, Anthropology, Education, Instructional Technology, or related field
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Experience living abroad
- Interest in applying talents to achieve socially responsible goals
- US Citizenship for government clearance eligibility
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates preferred. No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar).
No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
This position is full time and is on-site at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply, please visit the application URL below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.
Director of Administraton Kate Henderson
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.