LINGUIST List 24.3735|
Mon Sep 23 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling; Morphology; NLP: Researcher/Scientist, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Jennifer Garvale <jennifer.garvalenuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Natural Language Processing: Researcher/Scientist, Nuance, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/index.htm
Job Title: NLP Research Scientist
Job Rank: Researcher; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Natural Language Processing
Nuance is the world-wide leader in voice technologies. We are now making substantial research and development investments to add natural language processing capabilities to our speech infrastructure. We are expanding our new Silicon Valley Natural Language Research laboratory. The goal of this group is to develop the next generation of intelligent, conversational agents. We seek research scientists and engineers with the following backgrounds:
- Dialog Processing
- Discourse and Anaphora Resolution
- Entity Recognition
- Multilingual NLP
- Machine Learning
- Conduct research on the language processing, dialog, generation, or reasoning components of our conversational system. Develop and incorporate state-of-the-art algorithms and tools.
- Adapt existing components from within Nuance and from previous research in the field to a new problem space and domain.
- Understand the trade-offs between multiple competing approaches, and choose the ones that are likely to have future impact on the company's products.
- Design components in a way that will generalize across domains.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers inside and outside of the team.
- Patent or publish experimental results or designs when appropriate.
Education / Experience:
- Ph.D. in computer science, computational linguistics, linguist, or another technical field with a focus on natural language processing.
- Solid track record in both projects and publications for natural language processing.
- Solid implementation skills in C++, Java, scripting languages.
- Knowledge of both statistical and rule-based methods for natural language processing.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jennifer.garvalenuance.com
Technical Recruiter Jennifer Garvale
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 23-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.