LINGUIST List 24.3769|
Wed Sep 25 2013
Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics: Speech Data Evaluators, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Ara Kim <dataopsmangmail.com>
Subject: Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics: Speech Data Evaluators, Google, London, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.google.com/
Job Title: Speech Data Evaluators
Job Rank: Speech Data Evaluators
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics
As a Speech Data Evaluator and a native-level speaker of English, you will be part of a team based in an office location as listed above, processing large amounts of linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve the quality of Google’s speech synthesis and speech recognition in your own language.
- Classifying and annotating linguistic data
- Labeling text for disambiguation, expansion, and text normalization
- Providing phonetic transcription of lexicon entries according to given standards and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of English (with good command of the standard dialect)
- Passion for language with good knowledge of orthography and grammar in the target language
- A degree in a language-related field such as linguistics, language teaching, translation, editing, writing, proofreading, or similar
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools and should have an interest in current speech, mobile and online technology)
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
Project Duration: 6-11 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a contract position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the UK for any employer.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Data Evaluator British English" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: dataopsmangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 25-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.