LINGUIST List 24.3808|
Sat Sep 28 2013
Calls: Cognitive Sci, Discourse Analysis, Lang Acq, Syntax, Translation/Russia
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Yulia Lobina <yulia_lobinamail.ru>
Subject: 2nd International Young Scholars Conference
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2nd International Young Scholars Conference
Date: 18-Apr-2014 - 19-Apr-2014
Location: Ulyanovsk, Russia
Contact Person: Yulia Lobina
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Syntax; Translation
Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2014
The conference is organized by Ulyanovsk State Teacher Training University, Foreign Languages Department. The conference is an annual gathering of young linguists including undergraduate and graduate students, as well as teachers and research workers under 35.
Its main goals are:
- to promote the exchange of ideas and research results among students of language, literature and language education worldwide;
- to encourage students of all levels to get involved in research;
- to help strengthening the networks between educational institutions to the benefit of a better education for all.
Call for Papers:
We have the pleasure of inviting you to participate in the II International Young Scholars conference ''Lexicon, Discourse and Speaker Studies,” which will take place on April 18 – 19, 2014 in Ulyanovsk, Russia.
Possible topics of paper proposals include, but are not limited to:
- Language and cognition
- Theory of discourse
- Communicative grammar
- Cross-cultural communication
- Literature studies
- Theory of translation
- Second language acquisition
Papers should be presented in English, German, French or Russian.
Participants are kindly requested to submit their papers to be published in the Proceedings of the conference, following the guidelines below:
1. Submissions should be sent as an email attachment in MS Word format to slovotext2014mail.ru by Monday, March 31, 2014.
2. Please fill in and submit the registration form attached to the letter.
3. Papers should be 10 pages A4 long (maximum) and clearly present a research question/objective, literature review, methodological approach, results, conclusions and sources.
4. Please send the articles in the format .doc (Word 2003) or RTF with the following layout:
- all margins 2.0 cm, space between lines: 1.5
- font for the text: Times New Roman, size 14 points
- block alignment, indent the first paragraph line (1,25cm)
The first line will have the name of the author, the country and the city in bold. Both the author name and the country will be justified right. The title of the article in bold (upper-case font, centre alignment) will follow. There is to be a short abstract of the article (around 100 words) in italics in the language of the paper and in the English language. Please, do not insert numbers of pages; do not write chapters and subchapters.
No publication fee is required.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 28-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.