LINGUIST List 24.3882|
Thu Oct 03 2013
Jobs: Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, Colorado State University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Jourdan Jiruska <Jourdan.Jiruskacolostate.edu>
Subject: Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, Colorado State University, Colorado, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Colorado State University
Department: Foreign Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Colorado, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Tenure-track, nine-month appointment as Assistant Professor in Translation & Interpreting in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, to begin August 16, 2014.
- Ph.D. in Translation and Interpretation Studies, Spanish, or Spanish linguistics with focus in Translation & Interpreting from accredited US or equivalent non-US institution
- Ability to teach Spanish to English and English to Spanish courses, from foundational to specialized, in Legal, Medical and Business Translation, Consecutive/Simultaneous Interpreting, and Translation Technologies
- Commitment to teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Publishing record or scholarly potential
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
- Proficiency in one other language
- Ability or interest in literary translation
- Experience in teaching with technology
- Willingness to undertake outreach with the community or profession
Candidates who can enhance the department’s commitment to diversity through teaching, research and service are encouraged to apply.
Send dossier (letter of interest, CV, graduate transcripts, evidence of effective teaching, evidence of research record or potential, and three recent letters of reference) to Dr. Maite Correa at the application address below, by November 10, 2013.
For full job description, please see the application URL below.
CSU is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer and conducts background checks on all candidates. Once semifinalists have been identified, application materials, including letters of recommendation, will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the department.
Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Dr. Maite Correa
Colorado State University
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1744
Email Address for Applications: Jourdan.Jiruskacolostate.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://www.jobs.libarts.colostate.edu
Phone: (970) 491-6296
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.