LINGUIST List 24.3979|
Thu Oct 10 2013
Jobs: English; Hindi; Phonetics; Phonology: Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Ara Kim <dataopsmangmail.com>
Subject: English; Hindi; Phonetics; Phonology: Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google, New York, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Title: Speech Linguistic Project Manager - Speech Research
Job Rank: Speech Linguistic Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): English (eng)
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of Hindi and Indian English, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in an office location in either New York, NY or Mountain View, CA, managing a team of Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Training, managing and overseeing the work of your team
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
- Creating annotation conventions
- Evaluating data quality
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of Hindi and Indian English (with good command of the standard dialect)
- Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is spoken
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in current speech, mobile and online technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Advanced degree in Linguistics preferred; experience with Computational Linguistics a plus
- Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment
6-11 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a contract position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Linguistic Project Manager [Indian English]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: dataopsmangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.