LINGUIST List 24.4098|
Fri Oct 18 2013
Jobs: German; Comp Ling; NLP: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalolionbridge.com>
Subject: German; Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge, Tampere, Finland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Computational Linguist (Austrian German)
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): German (deu)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, computational linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for Computational Linguists for our current and possible future projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics
- Native language: Austrian German or Standard German with proven experience on Austrian German.
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in Language Technology- either educational or work experience
- Experience in language tool development
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, xml, Regular Expression, etc.)
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work
- Experience in the field of phonetics and Speech engines development is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time or full-time from home on freelancer basis
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: elena.pirttisalolionbridge.com
Resource Coordinator Elena Pirttisalo
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 18-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.