LINGUIST List 24.4127|
Mon Oct 21 2013
Jobs: German; Luxembourgish; Historical Ling; Morphology; Text/Corpus Ling: Post Doc, University of Luxembourg
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Peter Gilles <peter.gillesuni.lu>
Subject: German; Luxembourgish; Historical Linguistics; Morphology; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Luxembourg, Walferdange, Luxembourg
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Luxembourg
Department: Institute for Luxembourgish linguistics and literature
Job Location: Walferdange, Luxembourg
Web Address: http://lux.ipse.uni.lu
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Morphology; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Post-doctoral researcher in linguistics (M/F)
Fixed term contract: 31,5 months
Starting date: 15 February 2014 – 30 September 2016
The researcher will be a member of the IPSE research unit within the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education at the University of Luxembourg. He/she will work in the research project ‘Die Wortbildung des Luxemburgischen. Historische Voraussetzun¬gen und kontrastive Analyse (WBLUX2)’ under the supervision of Peter Gilles and Heinz Sieburg.
According to the work plan of the project WBLUX2, the candidate's tasks comprise the conduct of specific morphological investigations:
- Word-formation analyses in historical and systematic perspectives (predominantly for morphological derivations in semantic and structural perspectives);
- Analysis of the impact of language contact on word-formation;
- Active participation in international conferences;
- Publication of project results in peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings and a final summarizing monograph;
- Project management of WBLUX2.
- PhD in German linguistics, preferably in historical linguistics and/or language contact
- Profound skills in morphology and corpus linguistics
- Required languages: German, English. Knowledge in Luxembourgish is necessary and has to be acquired during the project.
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application including motivation letter, CV and copies of diploma by November 30th, 2013.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2013
Web Address for Applications: http://emea3.mrted.ly/993r
Prof. Dr. Peter Gilles
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.