LINGUIST List 24.4185|
Wed Oct 23 2013
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Ling; Lang Acq: Asst/Assoc Prof, Arizona State University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Cynthia Tompkins <Cynthia.Tompkinsasu.edu>
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst/Assoc Professor, Arizona State University, Arizona, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Arizona State University
Department: School of International Letters & Cultures
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: https://international.clas.asu.edu/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
The School of International Letters & Cultures at Arizona State University invites applications for Assistant or Associate Professor in Spanish Linguistics with a specialization in teaching and research related to the acquisition of Spanish by Heritage Learners or Heritage Language pedagogy beginning August 16, 2014. Rank and tenure status will be commensurate with experience. Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in Spanish Applied linguistics or Second Language Acquisition and must have native or near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English.
Additional required qualifications include:
1) demonstrated effectiveness in college-level teaching
2) record of research and published scholarship on Spanish Applied Linguistics or Second Language Acquisition
3) a minimum of three years of experience at the post-secondary level supervising Spanish Language Programs, including those for Heritage Learners
4) interest in developing Heritage Language Programs
5) interest in further developing the ASU Spanish Linguistics undergraduate and graduate programs
Desired qualifications include:
1) demonstrated work in Southwest Linguistics;
2) experience teaching undergraduate and graduate linguistics courses;
3) experience with program development.
Responsibilities include supervision of the Spanish language program; TA training; teaching undergraduate and graduate linguistics courses. Service to unit, university, or profession as appropriate with rank.
To apply, submit electronically to the application URL below the following materials:
- Current curriculum vita
- Letter addressed to Prof. Cynthia Tompkins, Search Committee Chair, outlining research program, teaching philosophy, and how the applicant's experiences fit the area(s) of expertise listed above
- Two recent sets of student evaluations
- Names, positions, and contact information of three references, who may be contacted by academicjobsonline to write letters
Application deadline is November 22, 2013; if not filled, every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. Background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/3464
Professor Cynthia Tompkins
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 23-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.