LINGUIST List 24.4200|
Thu Oct 24 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling; NLP: Research Scientist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Dave Barrett <david.barrettnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Research Scientist, Nuance Communications, Massachusetts, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Research Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Note: Position can be located in Montreal, Canada; Burlington, MA., Achen, Germany; or Seattle, WA.
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.
- Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modeling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (such as auto-punctuation) on speech recognition accuracy.
- Collecting, cleaning, processing and conditioning training data.
- Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modeling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implementation of improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing programming skills in C/C++, Perl, and Python.
- Discussing and presenting ideas and results within the team, reporting progress on a regular basis
- Location can be any of the following: Burlington USA, Aachen Germany or Montreal Canada
- Background in speech technology, statistical machine translation or natural language processing
- Solid programming skills (C/C++, Python)
- Experience using Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Solid written and oral communication skills (English)
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, numerical optimization, data mining, algorithm design, software engineering, computational linguistics
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, or a related field
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.nuance.com/boston/artificial-intelligence/jobid2741965-research-scientist-language-modeling-jobs
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 24-Oct-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.