LINGUIST List 24.426|
Wed Jan 23 2013
Jobs: Semantics; Syntax; Typology: Asst/Assoc Prof, National Tsing Hua University
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Tsai <wttsaimx.nthu.edu.tw>
Subject: Semantics; Syntax; Typology: Asst/Assoc Professor, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: National Tsing Hua University
Job Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Web Address: http://ling.nthu.edu.tw
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax; Typology; Syntax-Semantics Interface
Tenure Track Position at National Tsing Hua University
Applications are invited for an open-rank tenure track position in linguistics (formal semantics, syntax-semantics interface, or language typology preferred), which is appointed by the Graduate Institute of Linguistics. Experience in interdisciplinary research is a plus. Applicants should have a PhD degree, or be very close to finishing it. Applicants who are not a native Chinese speaker are required to have a working knowledge of spoken and written Chinese.
- each semester, teaching one undergraduate course, and one or two seminars at the graduate level, and
- student consulting and administration work at the Graduate Institute of Linguistics.
The application should include:
- a CV and major publications
- a photocopy of your PhD diploma or a letter from your dissertation supervisor certifying date of completion of degree (Applicants must have the diploma in hand by the time of appointment.)
- three letters of recommendation
- a cover letter explaining your research interests
- outlines of proposed courses
Application deadline: March 1, 2013
Position available: August 1, 2013
Please send a PDF version of your application package to the application email address and a hard copy to the application address below.
Please note that the application documents sent in hard copy cannot be returned to the applicant.
Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Prof. Wei-tien Dylan Tsai
101, Sec 2, Kuangfu Road
Graduate Institute of Linguistics, National Tsing Hua University
Email Address for Applications: lingmy.nthu.edu.tw
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 23-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.