LINGUIST List 24.450|
Thu Jan 24 2013
Jobs: Multiple Languages; Language Acquisition; Bilingualism, Language Impairment: Research Asst/Doctoral Student, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Cornelia Hamann <cornelia.hamannuni-oldenburg.de>
Subject: Multiple Languages; Language Acquisition; Bilingualism, Language Impairment: Research Assistant/Doctoral Student, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg
Job Location: Oldenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany
Web Address: http://www.anglistik.uni-oldenburg.de/
Job Rank: Other; Research Assistant/Doctoral Student
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Bilingualism, Language Impairment
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
In the international research project BiLaD (http://www.staff.uni-oldenburg.de/cornelia.hamann/11249.html) Bilingual Language Development: Children with typical development and with language impairment
Three research positions are to be filled at the Universities of Oldenburg,Bremen and the University of Education at Heidelberg beginning on the 1st of April 2013, limited to three years: Research Assistant/Doctoral Student on a part-time position (50%), salary according to German public employee pay scale E13TV-L.
1. One position at the Inst. for English and American Studies of the Univ. of Oldenburg, Prof. Cornelia Hamann.
2. One position at the Dept.of Pedagogical and Educational Sciences of the Univ. of Bremen, Prof. Monika Rothweiler.
Given qualified applicants, the two (50%) positions in Oldenburg and Bremen can be united into a full Post-Doc position.
3. One position at the Inst.of Special Needs Education of the Univ. of Education at Heidelberg, Prof. Solveig Chilla.
The project is a collaboration of the researchers mentioned above and the Univ. of Tours, France, Prof. Laurice Tuller a.o. The positions create opportunities for scientific qualification. The personal research results from the project may be used for obtaining the German equivalent of a PhD.
- organization of research procedures, development of experimental designs, recruitment, collection and analysis of language data from multilingual children.
- a Master’s degree with excellent grades in linguistics or pedagogical sciences with a focus on language and linguistics; very good command of German and Turkish and/or Portuguese and/or Arabic; good knowledge of German and Turkish or Portuguese or Arabic (generative) morphology and syntax, of child language acquisition and/or of bilingualism.
- experience with empirical, psycholinguistic and statistical analysis methods; good command of English and/or French.
For the position in Heidelberg applicants with a qualification in speech therapy ((Teil)-Zulassung für den Indikationsbereich "entwicklungsbedingte Sprachstörungen" (SP1-3) gemäß Heilmittelkatalog der Heilmittelrichtlinie (2011)) will be given preference.
Special qualifications for all three positions:
- Applicants must be willing to participate in international project meetings and have the ability to work in international teams.
Questions about these positions can be addressed to: Prof. Hamann, Prof. Rothweiler, Prof. Chilla.
As equal opportunity employers all three institutions wish to increase the proportion of female academic staff, particularly welcoming applications from women. People with disabilities are given preference if equally qualified.
Please, apply only for one of the positions. Send your application with the usual documents by 4th of February 2013 to the relevant address. Indicate whether you would also be interested in a job at one of the other locations. Send an electronic application (pdf, one file) to all three: Prof. Hamann, Prof. Rothweiler, Prof. Chilla.
1. For Oldenburg
key word BiLaD-G-1, Univ. of Oldenburg, English and American Studies, Prof. Cornelia Hamann, D-26111 Oldenburg; cornelia.hamannuni-oldenburg.de
2. For Bremen
key word A18/13, Univ. of Bremen, Dept.12, Prof. Monika Rothweiler, PB 330440, D-28334 University of Bremen; rothweileruni-bremen.de
3. For Heidelberg
key word BiLaD-G-3, Pädag. Hochschule Heidelberg, Sonderpädagogik, Prof. Solveig Chilla, Keplerstraße 87, D-69120 Heidelberg; chillaph-heidelberg.de
Please do not include original documents since these will not be returned.
Application Deadline: 04-Feb-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Prof. Dr. Cornelia Hamann
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Institute of English and American Studies
Email Address for Applications: cornelia.hamannuni-oldenburg.de
Prof. Dr. Cornelia Hamann
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 24-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.