LINGUIST List 24.4581|
Sat Nov 16 2013
Calls: Sociolinguistics, Applied Linguistics/Canada
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Thomas Ricento <tricentoucalgary.ca>
Subject: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2014
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2014
Short Title: LPP2014
Date: 04-Sep-2014 - 06-Sep-2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact Person: Thomas Ricento
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2014
This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada.
Jan Blommaert (Tilburg University)
Fernand de Varennes (University of Hong Kong, University of Pretoria, Vytautas Magnus University)
Eve Haque (York University)
Call for Papers:
We invite papers and colloquia that approach language policy from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global.
We invite abstracts (300 words maximum) for submissions in any of the following areas:
- Language policy and political theory
- Official language policies
- Language policy and lingua franca
- Heritage language policies
- Language policy and globalization
- Ideologies and language policies
- Language policies in school settings
- National identities and language policies
- Language policy and the economics of the workplace
- Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
- Language policies and social mobility
- Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
- Language policies and transnational communities
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by April 15, 2014.
The online submission system is now open.
For more information, please visit our website at www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp or contact us by email: lppucalgary.ca.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 16-Nov-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.