LINGUIST List 24.4779|
Wed Nov 27 2013
Jobs: English; Applied Ling: Lecturer, National University of Singapore
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Doris How <elchylnus.edu.sg>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: Centre for English Language Communication (CELC)
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: http://www.nus.edu.sg/celc/
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Centre for English Language Communication (CELC), National University of Singapore invites applications for full-time non-tenure track teaching positions, as follows:
Applicants should have:
- A PhD or Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, TESOL or a related field (content area specialists with a strong interest in teaching writing are also welcome to apply)
- A sound record of and strong commitment to teaching, with a minimum of three years’ experience at the tertiary level
Evidence of scholarly output would be advantageous.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Develop and teach various courses at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
- Undertake pedagogical research
- Serve the Centre and the University through involvement in ELT-related projects and activities
About the Centre:
The Centre runs a range of courses, which include English Proficiency, English for Academic Purposes, English for Specific Purposes, Professional Communication, Critical Thinking and Writing, Interdisciplinary Writing, English for Graduate Students, and Thesis Writing. The Centre is also responsible for delivering a content-based writing programme (Ideas and Exposition) within the new University Town residential college system. Additionally, it runs courses and special programmes for the University’s corporate and administrative staff. Applicants can find full course descriptions on the CELC website.
The commencing salary is competitive and will depend on the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Successful applicants will be required to commence work either in July or December 2014, though a July 2014 start is preferable. Shortlisted applicants will be notified within one month of the closing date.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a covering letter which addresses their suitability for the position for which they are applying. The letter should be sent via email to the application email address below with the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses (including email) of three referees and a statement of current and expected remuneration
- Copies of degree scrolls
- Student/staff evaluations of courses taught in the last two years
- A statement of teaching philosophy and methodology (max. 1,000 words)
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to provide additional documents to support their application.
Application Deadline: 10-Jan-2014
Email Address for Applications: celcrecruitnus.edu.sg
Ms Doris How
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 27-Nov-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.