LINGUIST List 24.553|
Thu Jan 31 2013
Jobs: General Linguistics: In-House Linguist, Lexicon Branding
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Greg Alger <algerlexiconbranding.com>
Subject: General Linguistics: In-House Linguist, Lexicon Branding, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lexicon Branding
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.lexiconbranding.com
Job Rank: In-House Linguist
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
**Please note this job has been updated. To view the most recent announcement, please see http://linguistlist.org/issues/24/24-2420.html
Lexicon Branding, a boutique naming and branding agency based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is
seeking a full-time linguist.
You're an intelligent, energetic, self-directed, collaborative, and curious individual with initiative and follow-through. You have a background in linguistics and an affinity for data and analysis. You're good with people and a good communicator. You love teamwork and enjoy a fast-paced, creative environment. You are not just a 9-to-5 person and you have clearly demonstrated initiative and a strong work ethic in previous jobs.
- MA/MS or PhD in Linguistics; or minimum 4 years work experience applying
linguistic principles to real-world problems
- Solid knowledge of general linguistic sub-fields (phonology, morphology,
syntax, semantics, pragmatics)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Able to work full-time in Sausalito, California
The ideal candidate will also have:
- One or more of the following linguistic areas of expertise: psycholinguistics, text/corpus, cognitive, sociolinguistics, linguistic anthropology, language documentation or other field work
- Experience with experimental methods, statistical analysis
- Some programming experience (scripting languages, R, HTML)
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Non-academic, office environment work experience
- Experience communicating with clients/customers in writing and in person
- Experience abroad
Lexicon Branding is a Sausalito-based firm known for developing strategic brand names for products, services, and companies. Since 1982, Lexicon has worked with clients as diverse as Apple, Subaru, and Starbucks to create some of the world¹s most disruptive brand names. The company¹s credentials
include Swiffer, BlackBerry, OnStar, Embassy Suites, Pentium, Scion, and Febreze. Read more at www.lexiconbranding.com.
Send your résumé and a cover letter to the application email address below with the subject "Linguist Position:" followed by your name. Include mention of your background in linguistics in the
cover letter and discuss how you imagine you'd be able to contribute to our organization. Please, no phone calls about this position.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Email Address for Applications: careerslexiconbranding.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-June-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.