LINGUIST List 24.817|
Thu Feb 14 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling; NLP: Knowledge Engineers, Intelligent Dialogue Systems
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Gabriel Amores <g.amoresindisys.es>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Knowledge Engineers, Intelligent Dialogue Systems, Seville, Spain
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Intelligent Dialogue Systems
Job Location: Seville, Spain
Web Address: http://www.indisys.es
Job Rank: Knowledge Engineers
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Intelligent Dialogue Systems (Indisys), a leader in multichannel, and multilingual natural language interfaces, is now hiring in the area of Natural Language Dialogue systems. We are looking for someone who combines an interest in dialogue systems and software engineering, with the ambition to do research in spoken, text-based and/or multi-modal spoken dialogue. The candidate will join the NLP team in Seville, Spain.
Knowledge Engineers are responsible for formalizing knowledge for our natural language understanding and dialogue modules. The position’s responsibilities focus on the creation, maintenance and augmentation of machine-readable dictionaries, grammars, semantic classification of input, and dialogue rules.
In order to perform this job effectively, you will learn how to encode grammatical and statistical patterns in our proprietary language. Additionally, you will analyze domain-specific corpora, and test new rule sets against gold standards.
- Build and unit-test new versions of language modules by following established processes.
- Build and unit-test applications for our customers (dictionaries, grammars, dialogue rules, etc.).
- Enhance and maintain assigned language modules in line with product roadmap requirements and the principles and conventions used in language modules development.
- Debug module functionality at a subsystem level.
- Present new ideas to technical audiences and contribute positively to design discussions.
- Provide support, consultation and training to all areas of the company with respect to implementing, using, maintaining and improving established development processes.
- B.A. in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Native knowledge of English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Italian or French.
- Strong background in syntax and morphology
- Understanding of underlying computational properties of natural languages
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of analyzing linguistic phenomena, comparing to those from other languages
- Familiarity with modern quantitative techniques in NLP
- Strict adherence to formal, documented development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in other languages
- MSc and/or PhD.
- Experience with unification-based grammars for NLP applications
- Experience with developing or maintaining modules for human languages other than immediate area of expertise
- Full understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Salary according to experience and qualification.
- A multilingual research environment.
- A multidisciplinary team specialized in all forms of human-computer interaction.
- A group active in the international Human Speech and Language Technologies research scene.
- The opportunity to develop management as well as research skills.
Email Address for Applications: jobsindisys.es
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Feb-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.