LINGUIST List 24.975|
Mon Feb 25 2013
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Kristine Uzule <kristine.uzulebsa.edu.lv>
Subject: Multidimensional Translation: From Science to Arts
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Multidimensional Translation: From Science to Arts
Date: 19-Apr-2013 - 20-Apr-2013
Location: Riga, Latvia
Contact Person: Kristine Uzule
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Translation
Call Deadline: 07-Mar-2013
The Translation Program of the Baltic International Academy (Latvia) and the Institute of East Slavonic Philology of the University of Silesia (Poland) are pleased to announce the international conference Multidimensional Translation: From Science to Arts. The conference will be held on the premises of the Baltic International Academy in Riga on 19-20 April 2013.
Theme of the Conference:
Translation is a communication tool that might serve either as a bridge or dividing point for individuals, cultures and nations. As a human-generated activity, it can be approached from a variety of perspectives ranging from scientific to artistic. The aim of this conference is to bring together language professionals interested in the following areas:
1. Translation in the Brain: Representation & Processing Mechanisms
2. Issues in Translation of Specialized Texts and Discourse
3. Freedom of Expression in Translation
4. Translation: Intercultural Communication Bridge & the Dividing Point
5. The Interplay of the Foreign and Native Language: Comparative Stylistics & Mental Representations
6. Theory and Practice: Linguistic Aspects of Translation
7. Developing Translators’ Competence
8. Development of Translator and Interpreter Training Resources
9. Evaluation of Translation Quality
10. Visibility of Translator
Prof. Nijole Maskaliuniene (University of Vilnius, Lithuania)
Prof. Ayfer Altay (Haceppete University, Turkey)
Dr. Michael Jin (Newcastle University, UK)
The conference participation fee covers the costs of conference materials, publication and coffee breaks.
1. Standard participation fee: 50 EUR
2. Reduced participation fee for students: 20 EUR
1. Baltic International Academy: http://www.bsa.edu.lv/lang/eng/prog_trans.html
2. University of Silesia: http://www.ifw.fils.us.edu.pl/
3. Conference Announcement will soon be published on http://www.bsa.edu.lv/lang/eng/conferences/conferences.html.
2nd Call for Papers:
We invite abstracts for paper and poster presentations focusing on human translation. We are planning to hold a separate session for postgraduate students.
Abstract submission deadline: March 7, 2013 (approximately)
Notification of acceptance: March 12, 2013
Abstract length: 250-350 words
Number of submitted abstracts: 2 copies (one signed, another anonymous)
Length of talks: 20 minutes
We are planning to publish a volume of conference papers. However, the Publishing House will be announced later.
Submission of papers: May 15-June 1, 2013 (approximately)
Paper reviews: June 2-July 10, 2013 (approximately)
Submission of revisited papers: August 20-September 10, 2013 (approximately)
Languages of the conference: English, Latvian, Russian, Polish
Enquiries should be forwarded to Dr. Kristine Uzule at kristine.uzulebsa.edu.lv.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 25-Feb-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.