LINGUIST List 25.116|
Thu Jan 09 2014
Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Alejandro Cuza <acuzapurdue.edu>
Subject: Hispanic Linguistic Symposium 2014
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Hispanic Linguistic Symposium 2014
Short Title: HLS 2014
Date: 13-Nov-2014 - 16-Nov-2014
Location: West Lafayette IN, USA
Contact Person: Alejandro Cuza
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.conf.purdue.edu/landing_pages/hls/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): Portuguese; Spanish
Call Deadline: 10-May-2014
The Hispanic Linguistics Symposium 2014 will be held November 13-16, 2014 at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese, School of Languages and Cultures, at Purdue University will be hosting the Hispanic Linguistics Symposium (HLS), November 13-16, 2014. The HLS is a yearly conference on theoretical and applied linguistics related to Spanish and Portuguese speaking worlds.
Dr. José Camacho, Rutgers University
Dr. Laura Colantoni, University of Toronto
Dr. Anna María Escobar, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
Dr. Juana Liceras, University of Ottawa
Call for Papers:
Hispanic Linguistics Symposium 2014
Date: November 13-16, 2014
Location: West Lafayette, IN, USA
Abstract submission deadline: May 10, 2014
Abstracts for paper presentations or posters are invited in any area of Hispanic linguistics and within any framework.
- Papers and posters may be delivered in English, Portuguese or Spanish. Authors may submit up to two abstracts, one individual and one joint.
- Abstracts should be submitted in .pdf format, not exceeding 500 words (not including title), with a second page reserved for examples, tables and references.
- Abstracts must clearly present a specific thesis statement and include a description of topic, approach, and conclusions.
- Please specify the title of the paper, area of research, name, academic affiliation, and email in the form within the abstract submission system.
- Abstracts must be submitted through EasyAbstracts (EasyAbs): http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/HLS2014
- Abstracts can be submitted from January 10, 2014 to May 10, 2014. Notifications will be sent out by August 1st 2014. Additional information will be provided on the conference website.
Contact information: hls2014purdue.edu
Conference website: http://www.conf.purdue.edu/landing_pages/hls/
Organizing committee: Alejandro Cuza, Lori Czerwionka, Daniel Olson
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 09-Jan-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.