LINGUIST List 25.1167|
Sat Mar 08 2014
Calls: General Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Translation/Poland
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Dagmara Gałajda <dagmara.galajdagmail.com>
Subject: SMYS - Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: SMYS - Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Short Title: SMYS
Date: 06-Nov-2014 - 07-Nov-2014
Location: Szczyrk, Poland
Contact Person: Dagmara Gałajda
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://uranos.cto.us.edu.pl/~icfsla/smys/index.htm
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2014
We are pleased to announce that the 2nd Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars (SMYS) organised by the Institute of English at the University of Silesia will be held on 6-7 November 2014 in Szczyrk.
SMYS Organisers wish to encourage PhD candidates to present their contributions as well as to participate without a paper in the workshops and discussions. With this conference we would like to promote research projects of young linguists at the beginning of their career as well as to help younger and less experienced scholars in the field with their theses and articles. Therefore, we would like to invite all PhD candidates who share an interest in linguistics and its sub-fields. As the conference will cover a variety of themes, we hope to attract young researchers investigating the field of applied linguistics, translation studies and psycholinguistics. All those wishing to contribute papers or just to attend workshops are welcome to participate in the conference.
Prof. dr hab. Danuta Gabryś-Barker
Prof. UŚ dr hab. Andrzej Łyda
We are pleased to announce that the following scholars have expressed their agreement to hold workshops at SMYS Conference:
(1) Open workshops for all the participants (sessions open for all participants):
- Academic writing: Prof. Anthony Barker (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
- Glottodidactis: Prof. Hanna Komorowska (University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw University)
- TBA: Prof. Maria Wysocka (Univeristy of Silesia)
- Why what you think only appears to be? Academic vocabulary at hand: Piotr Steinbrich, PhD (John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin)
(2) Thematic workshops (in parallel sessions, focusing on the individual proposals) chaired and facilitated by:
- TEFL: Prof. Hanna Komorowska (University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw University), Prof. Maria Wysocka (University of Silesia)
- Translation: Prof. Andrzej Łyda (University of Silesia), dr Joanna Dybiec-Gajer (Pedagogical University, Kraków)
- ESP: Prof. Piotr Mamet (Akademia im. J.Długosza, Częstochowa), Prof. Adam Wojtaszek (Univeristy of Silesia)
- SLA/multilingualism: Prof. Anna Niżegorodcew (Jagiellonian University), Prof. Danuta Gabryś-Barker (University of Silesia)
- Applied linguistic phonetics Prof. Ewa Waniek-Klimczak (University of Łódź)
- Cognitive and linguistic studies: Prof. Bogusław Bierwiaczonek (Akademia im. J.Długosza, Częstochowa)
The registration form, including the paper abstract, should be sent as an attachment to an e-mail: smys2013gmail.com
Fee: 200 euro
All PhD students and young scholars interested in participating in any of the thematic workshop are asked to send a 300 word description of their proposal, which will then be presented by them (20 minutes) and discussed with the facilitators and other PhD students during the workshop.
Paper abstracts should be sent before 15 April 2014 to our e-mail address: smys2013gmail.com.
The event will be held in Szczyrk, a resort town in the Beskidy Mountains of Southern Poland, from 6-7 November 2014 (arrival on Wednesday, 5th November). The conference venue will be Hotel META. All conference participants will be accommodated there.
Submission deadline for proposals: 15 April 2014.
Payment deadline: 30 June 2014.
SMYS: 06-07 November 2014.
For conference-related matters please contact Conference Organisers, at the following address:
SMYS – Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Institute of English, University of Silesia
ul. Grota-Roweckiego 5
tel: (48 32) 3640892
fax: (48 32) 3640809
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 08-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.