LINGUIST List 25.1195|
Mon Mar 10 2014
Calls: Sociolinguistics, Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Poland
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Tomasz Łakomski <impolin2conferencegmail.com>
Subject: Impoliteness and Interaction
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Impoliteness and Interaction
Short Title: Impolin2
Date: 26-Jun-2014 - 27-Jun-2014
Location: Bydgoszcz, woj. kujawsko-pomorskie, Poland
Contact Person: Tomasz Łakomski
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://impolin.com.pl
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 01-Apr-2014
Following the first edition of the conference (impolin.com.pl), the aim of the second edition this year is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for discussion over linguistic and nonlinguistic impolite and polite behaviour across languages and cultures. The focus of the conference will be pragmatic and sociolinguistic aspects of im/polite behaviour analysed both in terms of verbal and nonverbal communication, however we also welcome presentations across a wide variety of topics stemming from neighbouring fields of research, such as social studies, political studies, psychology, intercultural communication, media studies, etc. Talks will be scheduled for 20 minutes, with 10 minutes afterwards for discussion and questions. Presentations may be empirical or theoretical.
Derek Bousfield -Manchester Metropolitan University
Marta Dynel - University of Lodz
Dániel Kádár - Huddersfield University
Kazimierz Wielki University,
website (In preparation), please consult our Impolin1 website at: impolin.com.pl
Call for Papers:
The abstracts can be related, though need not be restricted, to the following topics:
- Impoliteness in translation (including literary and audiovisual translation, in particular in subtitles)
- Impoliteness in computer-mediated discourse
- Impoliteness in courtship setting
- Impoliteness in educational setting
- Impoliteness in institutional setting
- Impoliteness in interpersonal setting (face-face and multi-party conversations)
- Impoliteness across dialects and genres
- Impoliteness and power
- Impoliteness and identity
- Impoliteness and miscommunication
- Intentional and unintentional impoliteness
- Impoliteness perception and interpretation
- Impoliteness strategies
- Impoliteness and rapport management
- Linguistic and nonlinguistic impoliteness
- Impoliteness and prosody
- Multimodal approaches to impoliteness, etc.
Deadline for abstract submission: 1 April 2014.
Notification of acceptance: 20 April 2014.
Deadline for early-bird payment: 30 April 2014.
Deadline for late payment: 15 May 2014.
Online registration: 25 April 2014.
For submission and more information and see the conference website: http://impolin.com.pl/.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.