LINGUIST List 25.1264|
Thu Mar 13 2014
Internships: Speech Scientist Internship
Editor for this issue: Danuta Allen
From: Sandy LeBoy <sandy.leboygenesys.com>
Subject: Speech Scientist Internship
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Genesys
Web Address: http://www.genesys.com
Type of Work: Transcription
Duration: 17-Mar-2014 to 31-Aug-2014
Compensation: Paid: competitive
Internship Location: Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
Minimum Education Level: BA
Position is available in either Bedford, MA or Chantilly, VA.
As an intern, your attention to detail is paramount for the accurate transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) standards as well as for any application performance assessment and tuning requirements. The expected duration of this employment is 6 months, but longer terms can be considered.
- collect utterance data and carry out tuning activities
- supply phonetic transcriptions to accurately model pronunciation
- track performance and create monthly performance review reports
- update and maintain Genesys internal directories
- assist Client Services as required in support of customer specific projects
- BA/MA in Linguistics, Phonetics, Computational Linguistics, or other related degree
- experience with phonetic transcription and IPA
- ability to program in a scripting language (Perl or Python)
- knowledge of Unix/Linux
- familiarity with text editors under Linux and Windows
- fluency in a second language, other than English, is desired
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.