LINGUIST List 25.1376|
Fri Mar 21 2014
Internships: Morphological and Phonological Data Analysis
Editor for this issue: Danuta Allen
From: Lisa Radding <lraddingethnictechnologies.com>
Subject: Morphological and Phonological Data Analysis
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ethnic Technologies
Department: Research and Product Development
Web Address: http://ethnictechnologies.com/
Internship Location: South Hackensack, New Jersey, USA
Minimum Education Level: No Minimum
Ethnic Technologies is offering an opportunity to apply morphological and phonological principles and data analysis in a corporate setting.
As an intern, your tasks will consist of:
- classifying first and last names by ethnicity;
- seeing morphological patterns within lists of names;
- defining rules from visible patterns;
- improving the logic that incorporates name intelligence into a predictive software product.
Requirements for applicants:
- current undergraduate or graduate student;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- competency in at least one second language;
- self-driven and self-motivated; works independently within set objectives;
- basic computer programming skills and knowledge of database software beneficial.
An intern needs to be able to work from the company office in South Hackensack, NJ.
- Spring/Fall Semester Internship Hours: M-F, 8hrs/wk, 4 months;
- Summer/Winter Break Internship Hours: M-F, 40hrs/wk, 1-2 months.
Ethnic Technologies provides year round internship opportunities.
Summer 4/15, Fall 8/15, Winter 11/15, Spring 1/15.
Payment not guaranteed, but possible at the discretion of Ethnic Technologies.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Phone: 866-333-8324 ext.111
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.