LINGUIST List 25.1405|
Mon Mar 24 2014
Calls: General Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Documentation, Psycholing, Typology/Russia
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Andrey Shluinsky <ashlyandex.ru>
Subject: 3rd Conference-School
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 3rd Conference-School
Date: 25-Sep-2014 - 27-Sep-2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact Person: Denis Makhovikov
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://iling-ran.ru/beta/conferences/2014_smu
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; Typology
Call Deadline: 15-May-2014
A conference for young linguists (up to 35 years) will be held in Moscow. The conference covers a wide range of
Institution and Venue: Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of sciences. Moscow, Bolshoy Kislovskiy per., 1/12.
The goal of the conference is to provide a general perspective of different fields of linguistics that young linguists are working on. The list of research areas includes the following general areas:
- General linguistics and linguistic theory
- Historical linguistics
- Descriptive and documentary linguistics
- Linguistic typology
Working language of the conference: Russian.
Three types of presentations are planned:
- Lectures of invited leading scholars (1 hour)
- Oral presentations (30 min. including discussion)
- Poster presentations
A proceedings volume of short papers is planned after the conference.
Call for Papers:
We invite young Russian-speaking linguists working in different domains to propose presentations.
- Abstracts of the presentations(.doc or .rtf documents not more than 2000 characters) should be sent to conf.cys.ilingyandex.ru
- Also a document with information on the author sould be sent (see the form here http://iling-ran.ru/conferences/2014_smu_form.doc)
- Please put your family name in the name of both files (e.g. Иванов_заявка, Иванов_тезисы) and send them attached to the same email.
- Please use your family name as the subject of the email.
- Not more than one single-authored presentation and one co-authored presentation may be proposed by one author.
Deadline for abstracts: 15 May 2014
Notification of acceptance: 15 June 2014
Conference: 25-27 September 2014
Submissions of proceedings papers: 20 October 2014
Unfortunately, we have no possibility to cover any expenses of the participants. Still, we are always ready to provide any help related to practical issues.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 24-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.