LINGUIST List 25.1457|
Wed Mar 26 2014
Calls: Discourse Analysis, Historical Ling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation, General Ling/Czech Republic
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Kateřina Danielová <K.Danielovseznam.cz>
Subject: 15 International Young Linguists' Meeting
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 15 International Young Linguists' Meeting
Date: 12-May-2014 - 14-May-2014
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Božena Bednaříková
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.mladi-lingviste.cz
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 05-Apr-2014
XV International Young Linguists' Meeting
Czech Department, Faculty of Arts, Palacký University & The Linguistic Association of the Czech Republic
12-14 May 2014, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Human Experience: part and parcel of lexical semantics (?)
Peer-reviewed conference for young researchers interested in linguistics both synchronic and diachronic.
Languages spoken: Czech (as well as other Slavic languages), English.
Venue: Faculty of Arts, Palacký University, Křížkovského 10, Olomouc, Czech Republic 771 80.
Fees and Payments:
Conference fee: 950 CZK.
The conference fee should be paid to the conference bank account. Please, make your payment by May 5, 2014. Important information to make your payment:
Account number (IBAN): CZ9801000000433855090287
Variable symbol: 99215061
Make sure to include your name as a payment note.
Call for Papers:
You are invited to submit paper proposals concerning the following areas:
- Gender studies
- Translation and interpreting studies
- Comparative and (inter)cultural studies
Applicants should be:
a) Interested in language and speech, text studies or communication…
b) Willing to give a presentation, take part in discussions, and listen to others
c) Having completed an M.A./Mgr. programme and has no higher degree than Ph.D.
a) Main Conference:
Papers on the central or related topics. This year's main topics are:
- The ever changing world as it is reflected in language
- The altering interaction requirements and discourse based changes
- The ordinary and/vs. the specific, the general and/s. the individual, the central and/vs. the peripheral the universal and/vs. the ideoethnic, the autonomous and/vs. the dependent…
- Language corpora as data sources and functional computation tools for analysis
3 Workshops will be held at the conference:
1. Diachronic workshop. Convenor: Robert Dittmann, [dittmannemail.cz]
2. The media communication (and the) world. Convenors: Zuzana Boturová & Kateřina Danielová
3. Communication across language boundaries. Convenors: Magdaléna Jaroňová &Jarmila Klusoňová
c) Traditional sessions on literary science and translation studies will be held.
How to Apply for the Conference:
- Send the registration form to the conference address: mladi.lingvistecentrum.cz
- Application deadline April 5, 2014.
The maximum length of a presentation is 15 minutes. PowerPoint presentations and/or hand-outs are welcome and recommended. Special requirements for audio-video should be stated in advance.
Accepted papers will be published in the peer-reviewed conference proceedings. All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the Academic Committee. Notification of acceptance: April 20, 2014.
Please follow us at: www.mladi-lingviste.cz
Doc. Mirjam Fried, Ph.D.
Doc. PhDr. Eva Höflerová, Ph.D.
Prof. PhDr. Jana Hoffmannová, DrSc.
Prof. PhDr. Jan Kořenský, DrSc.
Prof. Dr. habil. Peter Kosta
Doc. RNDr. Vladimír Petkevič, SCs.
Prof. PhDr. Libuše Spáčilová, Dr.
Prof. PhDr. Jarmila Tárnyiková, CSc.
Doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Vychodilová, CSc.
Doc. Mgr. Lic. Lenka Zajícová, Ph.D.
On behalf of the organizing committee,
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.