LINGUIST List 25.1569|
Wed Apr 02 2014
Calls: Croatian, Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Croatia
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Jasna Novak Milic <jnmilicffzg.hr>
Subject: 5th International Scientific Conference Croatian as a Second and Foreign Language
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Scientific Conference Croatian as a Second and Foreign Language
Short Title: 5th HIDIS
Date: 18-Dec-2014 - 20-Dec-2014
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact Person: Jasna Novak Milic
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.hfiloloskod.hr/index.php/konferencije/5th-hidis-en
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Subject Language(s): Croatian
Call Deadline: 20-May-2014
Croatian Philological Society, Department for Croatian language in cooperation with the Croatian Heritage Foundation organizes 5th International Scientific Conference Croatian as a Second and Foreign Language (5th HIDIS) which will take place at the University of Zagreb Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences from the 18th to the 20th December 2014.
Call for Papers:
The conference will cover following topics:
- The structure of Croatian language: vocabulary and grammar
- Croatian as a second, heritage and foreign language
- Contrastive description of Croatian and other languages
- Mastering Croatian as a second and foreign language
- Teaching Croatian and course materials
- Mastering Croatian and new technologies
- Assessment, testing and evaluation of Croatian
- Psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic research of Croatian as L2
- Differences between students and their learning strategies
Forms of Participation:
- Oral presentation (15 min + 5 min discussion)
- PhD workshop
Application and Abstracts:
You can apply for the conference online at (http://www.hfiloloskod.hr/index.php/konferencije/5th-hidis-en/5th-hidis-application-form) or you can send your abstract to hidis2014gmail.com.
Abstracts should be written in Croatian and English or English only. Maximum number of words per abstract is 250 words. Application forms should be submitted latest May 20, 2014.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by June 30, 2014. All accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts and distributed to participants at the conference.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 02-Apr-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.