LINGUIST List 25.1793|
Sat Apr 19 2014
Calls: General Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling, Translation/Montenegro
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Milica Vukovic <vmilicaac.me>
Subject: 5th International Conference of the Institute of Foreign Languages: Word Across Cultures
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference of the Institute of Foreign Languages: Word Across Cultures
Short Title: ICIFL5
Date: 12-Jun-2014 - 13-Jun-2014
Location: Podgorica, Montenegro
Contact Person: Milica Vuković
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 01-May-2014
5th International Conference of the Institute of Foreign Languages (ICIFL5): 'Word Across Cultures'
University of Montenegro
June 12 – 13, 2014
On the occasion of their 35th anniversary, the Institute of Foreign Languages, University of Montenegro and the Society of Applied Linguistics of Montenegro organise the 5th International conference of the Institute of Foreign Languages (ICIFL5) 'Word Accross Cultures.'
Having in mind the diversity of research within the institution, the aim of the Conference is to discuss theories and practices in the fields of linguistics, literature, translation and interpreting, language for specific purposes and intercultural communication.
Conference fee is 80 euros. The conference fee is paid via the account.
Languages of the Conference are English, French, Russian and Montenegrin/Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian.
Accommodation Information/Payment Instructions:
2nd Call for Papers:
The deadline for submission of proposals has been extended. The new deadline is May 1, 2014.
The topics of the conference are:
1. Linguistics (semantics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, sociolinguistics)
2. Literature (myth in modern literature, antropological aspects and psychological motives in a literary work, hypermodernism and/or post/erotism in art, literature and film, literary work before and after
3. Translation and interpreting (literary translation, technical translation, conference interpreting, translation and interpreting studies curricula, training of translators and interpreters)
4. Language for specific purposes (needs analysis, material design, technical terminology, language for academic purposes)
5. Intercultural communication (languages, literatures and cultures in contact)
Presentations should be up to 20 minutes long and will be followed by a 10 minute discussion.
Proposal is submitted by filling the form that you can find at: http://www.isj.ucg.ac.me/DPLCG/Registration%20Form.doc.
Please send the form to the following e-mail address: institute.podgoricalive.com.
Deadline for submission of a proposal for presentation is May 1, 2014.
Notice of acceptance will be sent by May 15, 2014.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 19-Apr-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.