LINGUIST List 25.1880|
Mon Apr 28 2014
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Eiichi Yamamoto <yamamotokansai-u.ac.jp>
Subject: 17th Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 17th Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan
Short Title: 17th Conference of PSJ
Date: 29-Nov-2014 - 30-Nov-2014
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Contact Person: Masashi Okamoto
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.pragmatics.gr.jp/conference_e.html
Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2014
We are pleased to announce that the 17h Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan will be held on November 29 and 30, 2014 at Kyoto Notre Dame University in Tokyo, Japan. The conference aims at bringing together students and researchers working in this growing field of pragmatics and its related areas.
For more information visit the conference website:
1. Lecture Presentation: Lectures 25 minutes + QA 10 minutes
2. Poster Presentation: 1 hour 40 minutes
3. Workshop: 1 hour 40 minutes (Organization only)
Two languages: Japanese or English
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
1. Deadline for submitting abstracts: July 31, 2014
2. Online submission page: EasyChair for PSJ 2014
3. Submission of Abstracts:
Abstracts are invited for paper presentations on any aspect of pragmatic analysis from a variety of fields, including historical pragmatics, cognitive pragmatics, the interface between pragmatics and other disciplines, interlanguage pragmatics, social pragmatics, comparative or contrastive pragmatics studies.
Abstracts must be in English and must be submitted electronically on our online submission page, as attachment files in MS Word format (*.doc, or *docx) and, if possible, in PDF format (*.pdf).
Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length, not including references, figures, tables, and graphs. Abstracts are accepted in the following categories:
- Lecture presentation
- Poster presentation
Also note that the conference office only accepts submissions from members of the Society. The first author should be a member in the case of a group presentation. For membership, please contact the business office, secretary[at]pragmatics.gr.jp.
4. Notification of the selection: After October 10
5. Contact person: Email: presentation[at]pragmatics.gr.jp (Masashi Okamoto)
Online Submission Page:
The page ‘EasyChair for PSJ2014’ can be accessed at:
How to Create EasyChair Account:
To use EasyChair, you must first create an account.
1. Access ‘EasyChair for PSJ2014’ then click ‘sign up for an account’.
2. Step 1: Captcha.
3. Step 2: Fill out the following fields: First name, Last name, Email. Then click ‘Continue’.
4. ‘Account Application Received’ will appear.
5. You will receive an email containing a URL.
6. When you receive the email, click the URL. Please input an account name and password, then click ‘Create my account’.
7. Your account will be created.
How to Submit at EasyChair:
1. Access EasyChair for PSJ2014 and sign in to access your account.
2. Click ‘New Submission’.
3. Fill out the following fields:
Type of presentation (Lecture presentation/Poster presentation/Workshop)
Presentation language (Japanese/English)
Topic area (Choose one or two of the following):
- Deixis and reference
- Pragmatic inference
- Speech acts
- Politeness and socio-linguistic approaches
- Cognitive linguistic approaches
- Relevance theory
- Pragmatics and grammar
- Pragmatics and language education
- Discourse analytic approaches
- Conversation analysis, ethnomethodology
- Historical pragmatics
4. Upload paper: Papers can only be submitted as Word or pdf files.
5. Click ‘Submit’.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 28-Apr-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.