LINGUIST List 25.2120|
Tue May 13 2014
Calls: Applied Ling, Ling & Literature, Language Acquisition/Spain
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: María Luisa Carrió <lcarrioupv.es>
Subject: 15th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Language and Literature Education
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 15th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Language and Literature Education
Short Title: 15th SEDLL
Date: 19-Nov-2014 - 21-Nov-2014
Location: Valencia, Spain
Contact Person: SEDLL2014 Conference
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://sedll2014.upv.es/eng/index.html
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature
Call Deadline: 01-Jun-2014
This conference is hosted by the Sociedad Española de Didáctica de la Lengua y la Literatura (SEDLL), a non-profit organization whose members are researchers and professionals from all educational levels with interests in the teaching and learning of literature, language and culture, as well as the verbal, non-verbal and ICT resources.
SEDLL has four fundamental objectives:
1. To establish professional relationships among experts in the field of language and literature teaching and learning from all educational levels and disciplines
2. To publish research, activities and proposals related to teaching and learning activities, especially those related to linguistic and literary education
3. To encourage sound innovation in the teaching and learning of language and literature
4. To promote initiatives which allow for R+D in the field
Every year SEDLL organizes an International Congress addressing a wide range of disciplinary themes, and an International Symposia, which focuses on specific topics, usually held in late November to early December alternatively. Since 1989, SEDLL has also published the journal Lenguaje y Textos.
This year's conference is hosted by the Universitat Politècnica de València and the Universitat de València thanks to the collaboration of their respective departments: Department of Applied Linguistics (DLA-UPV) and Department of Language and Literature Didactics (DLLD-UV). The aims of this conference are, first, to foster joint activities and projects; second, to allow members of the research groups to interact, and third, to provide the opportunity to introduce SEDLL to other groups working in language and literature didactics. Therefore, the Organizing Committee cordially invites you to come and discuss your ideas and issues related to teaching and learning of literature, languages and cultures.
Call for Papers:
The Organizing Committee invites contributions for the 15th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Language and Literature Education. The deadline to submit a proposal is June 1, 2014.
There are two ways to present contributions to the conference:
- Posters: Posters will be exhibited for a full day or for half a day in a place to be announced. Each author will have approximately 10 minutes to explain his/her work. The poster should measure 120x90cm.
- Oral presentations: The oral presentations will be integrated in the thematic sessions lead by a moderator. Each proposal must indicate the selected conference theme. However, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to suggest changes in the selected theme when notifying its acceptance.
The proposals may be written in Basque, Catalan, English, French, Gallego, Portuguese or Spanish. The Scientific Committee will distribute the accepted contributions into symposia/thematic panels based on the conference themes. The Organizing Committee may create panels/symposia for junior researchers as well.
Proposals for symposia/thematic panels may be sent by a coordinator who will present a general abstract and a list, with no less than three and no more than five speakers/oral presentations along with the summary for each, following the instructions for submitting oral presentations.
Proposals for oral presentations may be submitted with a summary (500 words max.) of a project or a teaching experience that reflects the conference themes. Summaries must be sent via email to the corresponding thematic field. See the second call for papers for more details.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-May-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.