LINGUIST List 25.2478|
Sat Jun 07 2014
Internships: Learn It Town, LLC
Editor for this issue: Danuta Allen
From: Laura Jeffcoat <lauralearnittown.com>
Subject: English Online Teaching (TESOL)
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Learn It Town, LLC
Web Address: http://www.learnittown.com
Type of Work: Teaching
Duration: 09-Jun-2014 to
Minimum Education Level: BA
Learn It Town, LLC is offering an Internship in English online teaching.
The intern will be expected to:
- gather materials, greet students;
- prepare lesson plans for each class;
- record hours volunteered;
- (if teaching only one evening per week) communicate with co-instructor assigned at least 24 hours before class;
- teaching assistants will assist teachers with above duties and work with small groups on lessons.
- native or near-native command of English;
- ability to work with online environments (no technophobia!);
- "the ideal teaching personality" - assertiveness, creativity, spirit, being "fun to work with" and, most of all, interesting;
- experience teaching;
- enrolled in an university majoring in TESOL and/or teaching ESL preferred;
- experience learning a foreign language preferred, but not needed;
- should be self-motivated with good coordination/planning skills and creative ability;
- must have proven ability to work independently in an organized, time-efficient, results-oriented manner;
- must work effectively and professionally with diverse groups, all levels of staff within organization, and the public;
- excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
How to apply:
Please contact Laura Jeffcoat at lauralearnittown.com
Learn It Town, LLC offers a “Teaching in Online Immersive Educational Environments” Certificate for completion of our 16 hour training program. This is free to our interns ($1,500 value).
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Ms Laura Jeffcoat
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 07-Jun-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.