LINGUIST List 25.2803|
Thu Jul 03 2014
Calls: General Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Translation/Poland
Editor for this issue: Anna White
From: Dagmara Gałajda gmail.com>
Subject: 2nd Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2nd Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Short Title: SMYS
Date: 06-Nov-2014 - 07-Nov-2014
Location: Szczyrk, Poland
Contact Person: Dagmara Gałajda
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://uranos.cto.us.edu.pl/~icfsla/smys/index.htm
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 31-Aug-2014
We are pleased to announce that the 2nd Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars (SMYS) organised by the Institute of English at the University of Silesia will be held on 6-7 November 2014 in Szczyrk.
SMYS Organisers wish to encourage PhD candidates to present their contributions as well as to participate without a paper in the workshops and discussions. With this conference we would like to promote research projects of young linguists at the beginning of their career as well as to help younger and less experienced scholars in the field with their theses and articles. Therefore, we would like to invite all PhD candidates who share an interest in linguistics and its sub-fields. As the conference will cover a variety of themes, we hope to attract young researchers investigating the field of applied linguistics, translation studies and psycholinguistics. All those wishing to contribute papers or just to attend workshops are welcome to participate in the conference.
Prof. dr hab. Danuta Gabryś-Barker
Prof. UŚ dr hab. Andrzej Łyda
We are pleased to announce that the following scholars have expressed their agreement to hold workshops at SMYS Conference:
(1) Open workshops for all the participants (sessions open for all participants):
- Academic writing: Prof. Anthony Barker (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
- Glottodidactis: Prof. Hanna Komorowska (University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw University)
- TBA: Prof. Maria Wysocka (Univeristy of Silesia)
- Why what you think only appears to be? Academic vocabulary at hand: Piotr Steinbrich, PhD (John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin)
- Studia III stopnia w Polsce – TBA
(2) Thematic workshops (in parallel sessions, focusing on the individual proposals) chaired and facilitated by:
- Linguistics: Prof. Bogusław Bierwiaczonek (Akademia im. J.Długosza, Częstochowa)
second language acquisition (SLA)/multilingualism: Prof. Anna Niżegorodcew (Jagiellonian University), Prof. Danuta Gabryś-Barker (University of Silesia)
- Applied Phonetics: Prof. Ewa Waniek-Klimczak (University of Łódź)
- Teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL): Prof. Hanna Komorowska (University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw University), Prof. Maria Wysocka (University of Silesia)
- Translation: Prof. Andrzej Łyda (University of Silesia), Prof. Joanna Dybiec-Gajer (Pedagogical University, Kraków)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP): Prof. Piotr Mamet (Akademia im. J.Długosza, Częstochowa), Prof. Adam Wojtaszek (University of Silesia)
The registration form, including the paper abstract, should be sent as an attachment to an email: smys2013gmail.com.
Fee: PLN 600 (150 euro) for a double room, PLN 750 (180 euro) for a single room
The fee covers all the participation costs, including the accommodation, conference materials, the meals and the cost of subsequent publication.
The fee must be paid not later than 15 September 2014 .
The event will be held in Szczyrk, a resort town in the Beskidy Mountains of Southern Poland, from 6-7 November 2014 (arrival on Wednesday, 5 November). The conference venue will be Hotel META. All conference participants will be accommodated there.
Final Call for Papers:
Extended call deadline: 31 August 2014
All young scholars interested in participating in any of the thematic workshop are asked to send a 200-500 word description of their proposal, which will then be presented by them (20 minutes) and discussed with the facilitators and other participants during the workshop.
Paper abstracts should be sent before 31 August 2014 to our email address: smys2013gmail.com
The notification of acceptance will be sent by 3 September 2014.
Submission deadline for proposals: 31 August 2014
Notification of acceptance: 3 September 2014
Payment deadline: 15 September 2014
SMYS: 6-7 November 2014
For conference-related matters please contact Conference Organisers, at the following address:
SMYS – Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Institute of English, University of Silesia
ul. Grota-Roweckiego 5
Tel: (48 32) 3640892
Fax: (48 32) 3640809
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Jul-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.