LINGUIST List 25.562|
Mon Feb 03 2014
Calls: Lexicography, Semantics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Lan Li <eglilanpolyu.edu.hk>
Subject: ASIALEX 2015
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: ASIALEX 2015
Date: 25-Jun-2015 - 27-Jun-2015
Location: Hong Kong, China
Contact Person: Dr Lan Li
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://asialex2015.engl.polyu.edu.hk/
Linguistic Field(s): Lexicography; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2015
The conference is a major biannual event of the Asian Association of Lexicography which was founded in Hong Kong in 1997. After travelling around in 7 Asian countries we are pleased to bring it back to its birthplace for its 9th biannual event. The conference provides a platform for lexicography and language professionals in Asia and from worldwide to share information, knowledge and experience in reference science.
Call for Papers:
The papers presented at the conference will be published in the Proceedings, and selected papers will be recommended to the refereed journal: Lexicography: Journal of AsiaLex.
Abstracts are invited for individual papers on the following or any other related areas:
- Dictionary and ELT
- Dictionary compilation in digital ear
- The role of corpus in reference science
- Dictionary, corpus and Asian languages
- Multimedia and multifunction of dictionary
- Dictionary and culture
- Terminology, phraseology and neologisms
These are other points of interest for the discussion. Any other contribution related to the topic of the conference will be welcome.
- English is the main medium of communication, so abstracts only in the English are accepted.
- All the submission of abstract should not exceed the maximum 300 words (excluding references).
- Abstract should be stored as .doc files and named as ABSTRACT ASIALEX2015
- Applicants must enter their proposals directly through the conference’s online abstract submission. Area chairs will not consider any emailed proposals. However, if you need additional information prior to submitting an abstract, please feel free to contact us.
Please refer to Abstract template for further details.
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 Feb, 2015
Notice of acceptance by email: 30 March, 2015
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Feb-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.