LINGUIST List 25.587|
Tue Feb 04 2014
Calls: English, Applied Ling, Ling & Literature, General Ling/Malaysia
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Manvender Kaur Sarjit Singh <manvenderuum.edu.my>
Subject: 5th International Conference on Teaching and Learning of the English Language in Asia
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference on Teaching and Learning of the English Language in Asia
Short Title: TLEiA5
Date: 27-Oct-2014 - 29-Oct-2014
Location: Langkawi Island, Kedah, Malaysia
Contact Person: Manvender Kaur Sarjit Singh
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.tleia5.com/index.php/tleia5
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2014
The School of Education and Modern Languages and Language Centre, Universiti Utara Malaysia invite colleagues and practitioners of the English language teaching and learning fraternity to participate in its 5th International Conference on Teaching and Learning of the English Language in Asia (TLEiA5).
This conference combines paper presentations, workshops, demonstrations, and poster sessions to give presenters and participants an enriching TLEiA5 experience. The conference takes cognizance of the 5 Cs: Communication, Culture, Connections, Comparisons and Communities. These 5 concepts are the key drivers in bringing about changes in English language teaching and learning in the 21st Century.
With Celebrating Diversity in Enhancing Inclusive Pedagogical Practices as its theme, TLEiA5 focuses on a pedagogical inquiry into more effective ways of innovative teaching and fun learning amidst various global issues pertaining to the falling standards of the English language, globalization, and technologies impacting instruction and learning.
This conference is expected to attract about 200 local and international participants.
Call for Papers:
Fifth Biennial International Conference on the Teaching and Learning of English in Asia (TLEiA5)
Theme: Celebrating Diversity to Enhance Progressive Pedagogical Practices
Abstract and Full Paper:
An abstract of not more than 200 words (font size 12, Times New Roman, double-spaced) in length consisting of the following items in sequence:
- Author's name(s) and affiliation
- Mail address
- Email address
- Seminar sub-theme
- Title and abstract content
The abstract content should clearly state:
- Research/paper objectives
- Scope of investigation/findings
The abstract should be submitted no later than 30 April 2014.
The full paper, not exceeding 10 pages (single spacing), should be submitted to the Secretariat not later than 31 July 2014 electronically to: tleia5uum.edu.my to be included in the proceedings.
Papers pertaining to a broad array of issues on learning and teaching in the borderless world are invited, which include the following:
1. Research in language theory and practice
2. Methodology and approaches in teaching and learning of English
3. English language assessment & evaluation
4. Asian literature in English language curriculum
5. Language, technology and innovation
6. Current issues and challenges in English language learning
There will be four (4) modes of presentation:
Paper Format for Proceedings:
- Cover page: The title of the paper, name of author(s) and full institutional address including fax, phone number and email address should appear on the cover page.
- Abstract: The abstract should appear on the first page, following the title.
- Papers should be printed (formatted according to the following guidelines) on A4 paper, single spaced, in Times New Roman 12 pt. font, and should not exceed 10 pages including references. Margins should be 2½ cm/1 inch on all sides.
- First level headings should be in bold upper case and second level headings in bold (upper and lower) case.
- Texts in charts and tables should be in 11 pt. font. Citations and references should follow the APA style.
Poster Display Format:
- The title of the paper, name of author(s) and full institutional address including fax, phone and emails should appear on the cover page.
- Text, including abstract, should be printed on A4 or bigger paper, in 20pt. font, and should not exceed 10 pages.
- The organizers will provide display boards only. Presenters should bring along additional materials they may need.
The organizers reserve the copyright over all papers/posters presented at TLEiA5.
Important Dates (Datelines):
Submission of abstract: 30 April 2014
Notice of acceptance: 31 May 2014
Submission of full paper: 31 July 2014
Confirmation of attendance: 31 August 2014
Conference period: 27-29 October 2014
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 04-Feb-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.