LINGUIST List 25.704|
Tue Feb 11 2014
Calls: Discourse Analysis, Sociolinguistics/Russia
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Katherine Subbotina <kathysubbotinagmail.com>
Subject: 2nd International Conference “Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects”
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2nd International Conference “Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects”
Date: 16-Oct-2014 - 17-Oct-2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact Person: Olga Iriskhanova
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Mar-2014
We are delighted to announce that on October 16 and 17, 2014, the second International Conference 'Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects' will be held at Moscow State Linguistic University (MSLU), Russia.
The conference is being organized by the MSLU Centre for Socio-Cognitive Discourse Studies (SCoDis http://www.scodis.com/?q=en) which houses both a Gender Lab and a Multimodal Communication and Cognition Lab.
The following research topics will be highlighted at the conference:
- Discourse and social institutions: varieties of discourse practices
- Methodologies and methods of discourse studies
- Cognitive studies of discourse
- Discourse as multimodal communication
- Discourse and social identity
- Strategies of professional communication
- Discourse and mediated communication
The plenary speakers will be:
- Lynne Cameron (Open University, UK)
- Alan Cienki (Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands and MSLU)
- Helga Kotthoff (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany)
- Cornelia Müller (Europa-Universität Viadrina, Germany)
- Mark Turner (Case Western Reserve University, USA)
- Olga Alexandrova (Moscow State University)
- Valery Demyankov (Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Olga Iriskhanova (Moscow State Linguistic University)
- Vladimir Karasik (Volgograd State Pedagogical University)
- Svetlana Plotnikova (Irkutsk State Linguistic University)
The working languages of the conference will be Russian, English, and German (with interpretation provided on site).
In 2015 a peer-reviewed selection of conference papers will be published in the journal Vestnik MSLU.
Call for Papers:
Please submit your abstracts to scoglinguanet.ru by March 30, 2014.
General Formatting Requirements:
The abstract should not exceed 2 pages of printed text (Times New Roman 14; 1.5-space interval) and should be sent in Word format.
Please submit the following information separately from your abstract:
3. Academic degree
4. Address, email, phone number
5. Title of your presentation in Russian, English or German (the language in which you will give your talk)
6. Equipment requirements for your presentation
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent by July 5, 2014.
Address: Ostozhenka 38, 119034 Moscow, Russia, MSLU (Re: Discourse - 2014 – conf)
Tel. 8(499) 245 32 39
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Feb-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.