| LINGUIST List 27.4425|
| Mon Oct 31 2016 |
Calls: General Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Kenneth Steimel <kenlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2016
25 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
| Date: 30-Oct-2016
From: Marina Ermolaeva <mermolaevauchicago.edu>
Subject: 53rd Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 53rd Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society
Short Title: CLS 53
Date: 25-May-2017 - 27-May-2017
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Contact Person: Michael Tabatowski
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 05-Feb-2017
The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics organization in the United States. Our linguistics conference has been held every year since 1965. This academic year, CLS will host its 53rd annual meeting, which will be held from Thursday, May 25, to Saturday, May 27, 2017.
Lucas Champollion (NYU)
Itamar Francez (UChicago)
Thomas Graf (SUNY Stony Brook)
Sun-Ah Jun (UCLA)
Audrey Li (USC)
Josep Quer (Pompeu Fabra University)
Call for Papers:
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts in any area of current research on the human language faculty, to include phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical linguistics, and sociolinguistics, as well as allied fields in the cognitive and social sciences. Accepted participants will be allotted 20 minutes to present and 10 minutes to answer questions. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings. We particularly encourage submissions relevant to this year’s proposed parasessions on computational/mathematical linguistics, cross-linguistic quantification, East Asian linguistics, intonation and prosody, and sign language linguistics.
East Asian Linguistics
Intonation and Prosody
Sign Language Linguistics
Details on each of the special topics can be found on the conference website (http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/call.html).
Submissions that fail to comply with any of the following guidelines will be automatically rejected.
(1) Submit abstracts in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf.
(2) Include the paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS session title, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/language family) within the abstract.
(3) Limit abstracts to two letter-sized pages in length, including data and references. Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
(4) Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename.
(5) Use the EasyChair platform (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cls53) for the submission of abstracts.
(6) Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
Submission deadline: February 5, 2017 by 11:59 PM CST
Notification: March 24, 2017
Conference dates: May 25-27, 2017
Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 31-Oct-2016
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.