The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
2012 LINGUIST Issues
Topic: Fund Drive
23.968 Fund: Show: your support for the LINGUIST List in Fun Drive 2012!
- LINGUIST List Help us kick off another great Fund Drive year!
23.969 Fund: One Day Challenge
- LINGUIST List One Day Challenge
23.974 Fund Drive 2012: How Does it Work?
- LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2012: How Does it Work?
23.975 So Much to Gain from One Day
- LINGUIST List So Much to Gain from One Day
23.985 What is LINGUIST worth to you?
- LINGUIST List A Message from our Project Coordinator
23.986 You Determine the Future of LINGUIST
- LINGUIST List You Determine the Future of LINGUIST
23.987 Fund Drive 2012 - Will you help us to have the fastest Fund Drive yet?
- LINGUIST List Is it over yet? That's up to you
23.988 Attain Glory on Behalf of LINGUIST
- LINGUIST List Only Four Hours Left in the Challenge!
23.998 LINGUIST Needs Our Support
- LINGUIST List A Letter from LINGUIST Project Director Naomi Palosaari
23.1001 The Champions of Day One
- LINGUIST List First Day Challenge Results
23.1002 Everyone wins when you donate to LINGUIST List.
- LINGUIST List You need LINGUIST; LINGUIST needs you!
23.1003 Haven't You Always Wanted to Lead Your Peers to Glory?
- LINGUIST List We Want YOU as a Graduate Tournament Coordinator!
23.1012 LINGUIST: Opportunities for Everyone
- LINGUIST List A Message from the Managing Editor
23.1017 What is LINGUIST's Most Popular Resource?
- LINGUIST List Information on Our Job Postings
23.1018 Enter the Hall of Heroes to Meet Our First Linguist of the Day!
- LINGUIST List François Grosjean on Becoming a Linguist
23.1033 I Wish I Had Known About These Resources Sooner!
- LINGUIST List A Personal Message from Our Jobs Editor: Christy Bird
23.1048 Supporting Linguists Worldwide!
- LINGUIST List LINGUIST List - An International Community
23.1049 Calling All Linguistic Limericists!
- LINGUIST List There Once Was a Man from Nantucket...
23.1056 Chapter One: In Which Our Lingual Legends Discover a Problem and Ask for Directions
- LINGUIST List An Introduction to Our Introduction
23.1060 Technologies and training for future Linguists
- LINGUIST List A letter from student editor Justin Petro
23.1065 The Subfield Challenge is now underway!
- LINGUIST List Be a hero in the LingQuest! Support your Subfield!
- 23.1066 What can E-MELD do for you?
23.1078 LINGUIST needs your Support!
- LINGUIST List A letter from Financial Editor Junko Spiteri
23.1081 Grad School Challenge - Another challenger has arisen...
- LINGUIST List University of Toronto - a New Contender!
- 23.1082 Thank you to LINGUIST users around the globe!
23.1088 Technologies and Training for Future Linguists
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Zac Smith
23.1094 How many fields will participate in the Subfield Challenge?
- LINGUIST List Donate now to support your Subfield!
- 23.1099 Win a Copy of 'The Origin of the Indo-Iranians' Courtesy of Brill!
23.1101 LINGUIST List has taught me so much
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Amy Brunett
23.1109 The Battle of the Fields Rages On!
- LINGUIST List Subfield Challenge: Who's on Top?
23.1112 Who were the Andronovo cultures of Eurasia?
- LINGUIST List Enter the LINGUIST List raffle to find out!
23.1114 What would you do if Calls and Conferences went away?
- LINGUIST List Help keep Calls and Conferences free!
23.1115 High-quality book reviews in less than two weeks - how do they do it?
- LINGUIST List A letter from the Reviews Team
23.1127 We Are So Close...
- LINGUIST List Can we make it to $20,000 by the end of the raffle?
23.1134 How will you stay up to date with reviews for books in your field?
- LINGUIST List A letter from Reviews Team member Veronica Drake
23.1139 True Blue and Blaze are chasing the Huskies!
- LINGUIST List The Grad School Challenge Is Heating Up!
23.1141 The Bard's Ballad Challenge: Be the Hero of a New Fund Drive Song!
- LINGUIST List Isn't It About Time Someone Wrote a Song About You?
23.1145 Cocky Has Harry the Husky on the Run!
- LINGUIST List Graduate Tournament: A Mascot Melee
23.1147 The Choice is YOURS!
- LINGUIST List Vote for Our Next LingQuest Story
23.1150 Linguist of the Day: Nikolaus Himmelmann!
- LINGUIST List Another Legendary Champion Enters the Hall of Heroes!
23.1162 Linguistic tools for the next generation
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Erica Wicks
- 23.1164 A Day of Wild Fluctuations: U. Washington Back on Top!
23.1172 How do LINGUIST reviews work?
- LINGUIST List Would you like to become a reviewer?
23.1176 The Limerick Competition begins tomorrow!
- LINGUIST List Are you ready for some rollicking fun?
23.1187 Working at LINGUIST: At International Student's Perspective
- LINGUIST List A Personal Letter from Xiyan Wang
23.1190 Will you help your Subfield hit the mark?
- LINGUIST List Get involved in the Subfield Challenge today!
- 23.1192 The Cardinal swoops past Huskies!
- 23.1204 The Saga Continues at the Data Graveyard!
23.1205 Will your subfield lead the LingQuest Saga?
- LINGUIST List Get involved in our next Quest!
23.1207 Round 1 of Linguistic Limericks Now Available for Voting!
- LINGUIST List There Once Was a Limerick Contest...
23.1208 LINGUIST - A Resource for Best Practices in Linguistics
- LINGUIST List A letter from LINGUIST List Programmer Lwin Moe
23.1214 LL-MAP gave me an appreciation for field linguistics
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Karrie Kuecker
- 23.1224 LINGUIST supporters hail from every region!
23.1227 Get involved in LINGUIST Challenges today!
- LINGUIST List Get featured in the Ling Quest 2012!
23.1231 Help us to maintain our projects and resources
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Lili Xia
23.1233 Historical ling and Comp ling are moving up!
- LINGUIST List Get involved in the subfield challenge today!
- 23.1236 Roger Shuy Calls for Aid. Will Sociolinguists Answer?
23.1238 Efficient, Economic, Effective
- LINGUIST List A Personal Letter from Flora Du
23.1245 Don't Shuy away from the challenge!
- LINGUIST List Come out of hiding and donate for Socioling!
23.1252 Sociolinguists going strong, will they do it?
- LINGUIST List Every donation brings them closer!
23.1253 The Sociolinguistics Matching Challenge is On Fire!
- LINGUIST List Sociolinguistics Becoming the High-Prestige Variant
23.1267 Linguist of the Day: Emily Bender!
- LINGUIST List (Re-)discover the linguist in you!
23.1280 Creating Helpful Tools Anyone Can Use
- LINGUIST List A Personal Letter from Kristen Dunkinson
- 23.1283 Sociolinguists - don't let your register become frozen!
23.1284 Sociolinguistics has overtaken Syntax in a sudden diachronic shift!
- LINGUIST List But will they maintain their Prestige?
23.1285 An Appeal from Calls Editor Alison
- LINGUIST List LINGUIST Helps Students Find Their Calling
- 23.1291 Only One Day Left to Submit Limericks for Round Two!
23.1295 Just half an hour left in the Shuy's Socioling Challenge!
- LINGUIST List Make your mark now!
23.1298 The Price is Right!
- LINGUIST List A New Brill Book Raffle
23.1310 Sociolinguistics Challenge: A Smashing Success
- LINGUIST List Sociolinguistics Blasts Its Way to the Top
23.1311 Less than Four Hours Left to Enter the Brill Raffle!
- LINGUIST List Surely You'd Like to Win One of These Great Books!
23.1316 A Letter from Graphics Maven Sarah Fox
- LINGUIST List Your Donations Support the Linguists of the Future
23.1317 Mamoru Saito is Our Newest Linguist of the Day!!
- LINGUIST List Three Words of Advice
- 23.1327 Stanford Captures the Lead in the Graduate Tournament!
23.1334 Sociolinguistics Is the Hero of This Week's LINGQUEST Chapter!
- LINGUIST List Superior Whorf: Your New Valiant Leader
23.1337 Take a trip to the digital dark ages today!
- LINGUIST List The LingQuest Saga begins anew at Tenuous Career Path!
23.1347 Limerick Contest: Round 1 Winner and Round 2 Contenders
- LINGUIST List The Grand Limerick Contest Has Crowned Its First Victor!
23.1354 Who is guest writing our next Saga?
- LINGUIST List Donate now to find out!
23.1356 At LINGUIST List, we're economizing for you
- LINGUIST List Help us keep all of our services--and keep them free!
23.1357 How can you use MultiTree?
- LINGUIST List A letter from team leader Lwin Moe
23.1366 What dangers await the LINGUIST heroes in the next LingQuest Saga?
- LINGUIST List Donate today to find out!
23.1367 Stanford Cardinal flies away from the competition!
- LINGUIST List Will anyone outpace this fearsome foe?
23.1368 Do you know what geolinguistics is? Find out with LL-MAP!
- LINGUIST List LL-MAP -- another free resource from the LINGUIST List
23.1370 Haven't donated yet? We're giving out a prize a day each day next week!
- LINGUIST List Show your support for LINGUIST List--and win big!
23.1371 We're almost to 44k--help us get there today!
- LINGUIST List And don't forget to check out our exciting site content!
23.1374 Want a Free One-Year Subscription to a Linguistic Journal of Your Choice?
- LINGUIST List A Special Offer from John Benjamins
23.1375 A Guide to Some of LINGUIST's Services from Editor Brent Woo
- LINGUIST List More Resources Than You Can Shake a MultiTree At
23.1380 Donate Today for Your Chance to Join the Happy Ranks of Prize Winners!
- LINGUIST List Meet the Lucky Winners of Last Week's Dictionary Raffle!
- 23.1389 Linguist of the Day: Jean Berko Gleason!
23.1392 And Our Mystery Saga Author Is... (Drumroll Please)
- LINGUIST List Whose Wit Will We Wonder at this Week?
- 23.1395 Honoring the unsung heroes of the Subfield Challenge!
23.1396 Prize of the Day: Three Books from Georgetown University Press!
- LINGUIST List Donate Today and You Could Be a Winner!
23.1406 Making the Most of LINGUIST, Part 1: Especially for Students
- LINGUIST List So Many Resources, We've Written a Guided Tour for You
23.1411 Voices from LSA 2012: Why They Love LINGUIST List
- LINGUIST List Video Testimonials from LINGUIST Users Like You!
23.1421 A lot has changed since the Internet was brand-new, but we're still here for you!
- LINGUIST List Help keep LINGUIST alive today!
- 23.1422 Only 7 Hours Left to Enter Today's Prize of the Day Raffle!
23.1426 Prize of the Day: One-Year Journal Subscriptions from Elsevier!
- LINGUIST List Once More, It's Time to Give Away Some Fabulous Prizes
- 23.1432 A Few Classics from Special Guest Author Speculative Grammarian
- 23.1451 Announcing the Winners of the John Benjamins Journal Raffle!
23.1452 Who was featured in our Bard's Ballad Challenge?
- LINGUIST List Thanks everyone for your support!
- 23.1453 AND NOW: Book reviews with more languages!
- 23.1455 Prize of the Day: One-Year Subscription to Anthropological Linguistics!
23.1461 Don't miss out on our lively Limerick Contest!
- LINGUIST List Submit your limerick today!
23.1463 Linguist of the Day: Martin Haspelmath!
- LINGUIST List Come learn about this Hero of the LingQuest!
23.1464 Don't let the LingQuest falter! We are getting close to $55,000!
- LINGUIST List Don't be daunted! Help us make the goal!
- 23.1466 Sociolinguistics' lead over Syntax is minimal!
- 23.1467 LingQuest Saga 3.5: Detours and Details
23.1468 Let's Kick This up a Knotch... with Grad School Prizes!
- LINGUIST List Introducing Our New Awards for the Grad School Challenge
- 23.1469 Prize of the Day: TEN Copies of Many Morphologies!
23.1471 Round 3 of Linguistic Limericks Available for Voting!
- LINGUIST List Limerick Winner for Round 2: Elaine May Smith!
- 23.1475 A Truly Illuminating Note from Publications Manager Danniella Hornby
23.1477 The race for victory in the Subfield Challenge is closer than ever!
- LINGUIST List Three cheers for our subfield challenge donors!
23.1478 Speculative Grammarian Would Like to Buy a Vowel?
- LINGUIST List The Newest Story from SpecGram
23.1479 Who Likes Free Stuff? More Importantly, Who Likes Free SpecGram Stuff?
- LINGUIST List Special SpecGram Prize for the Weekend
- 23.1480 Announcing Five More Prize of the Day Winners!
- 23.1488 Donate This Weekend to Win a Speculative Grammarian Magnet!
23.1495 Just $100 separates two linguistic juggernauts in the Subfield Challenge!
- LINGUIST List Which subfield will make the next move?
23.1496 A Letter from Editor Brent Woo
- LINGUIST List LINGUIST: Keeping Linguists in Contact Worldwide
23.1500 Leave Your Abacus at Home... The Math is Simple!
- LINGUIST List The SpecGram Prize Odds are in Your Favor!!
- 23.1502 The LINGUIST List newsletter is here!
- 23.1523 The Blackwell Companion to Phonology--a truly landmark prize!
23.1525 Making the Most of LINGUIST, Part 2: Resources for Research
- LINGUIST List Reach out to the community with your research today!
23.1526 We Are Pleased to Announce the Latest Round of Prize of the Day Winners!
- LINGUIST List And the Newest Winners Are...
23.1531 U. of Washington is leading in School Spirit--but just barely!
- LINGUIST List Show up and support your school today!
- 23.1536 The Blackwell Companion to Phonology awaits one lucky donor!
23.1550 Linguist of the Day: Angelika Kratzer!
- LINGUIST List The Hall of Heroes welcomes another great linguist!
23.1551 Making the Most of LINGUIST: More Resources for Research
- LINGUIST List Discover a new LINGUIST resource today!
23.1552 The Graduate School Challenge has come to Europe!
- LINGUIST List Sincere thanks to all of our European supporters!
23.1558 Prize of the Day: 5 One-Year Subscriptions to Human Language Technologies!
- LINGUIST List Computational Linguists, Take Heed
23.1567 The Advisors' Challenge begins!
- LINGUIST List Help the LINGUIST List Advisors end Fund Drive!
23.1568 LINGUIST--the central source of information for our profession
- LINGUIST List A letter from LINGUIST List Advisor Martin Jacobsen
23.1574 Making the Most of LINGUIST, Part 3: Professional Development
- LINGUIST List Use LINGUIST to Build Your CV and Find the Perfect Job
- 23.1575 Announcing Another Round of Prize of the Day Winners!
23.1578 Recognizing our supporters from the Americas(Non-US)!
- LINGUIST List Support your school in the Advisors' Challenge!
23.1593 Prize of the Day: Three English Linguistics Books from Routledge!
- LINGUIST List A Day to Remember for English Linguistics!
23.1596 Resources for Institutions, Conference Organizers, and Employers
- LINGUIST List Make the most of LINGUIST today!
23.1604 We cannot serve the discipline without your support
- LINGUIST List A letter from Advisors Maggie Winters and Geoff Nathan
23.1609 Less than 18 hours left in the Advisors' Challenge--and so many reasons to support LINGUIST!
- LINGUIST List Show your support for LINGUIST in its time of need!
23.1611 The Saga Continues at the LINGUIST List!
- LINGUIST List Enjoy our site? Donate now!
- 23.1612 Grad School Challenge: thank you to all of our supporters in Asia!
- 23.1615 Prize of the Day: The Complete Understanding Language Series from Hodder Education!
23.1618 The Final Round of Limerick Voting Begins!
- LINGUIST List Choose Your 2012 Limerick Ultimate Supreme Champion
23.1619 Advisors' Challenge: 30 minutes left--what will you give?
- LINGUIST List Help us make our goal now!
23.1624 Advisors' Challenge: Whoops--we're still $4180 from our goal!
- LINGUIST List Help us end the Challenge this weekend!
- 23.1626 The Bounding Node Chapter of the LingQuest Saga Now Available!
23.1630 University of Washington Overtakes Stanford in the Graduate Tournament!
- LINGUIST List The Huskies Are Once Again Top Dog
23.1644 Prize of the Day: Four amazing books from Routledge!
- LINGUIST List Help us end the Advisors' Challenge today!
- 23.1651 Make the most of LINGUIST resources today!
23.1659 Grad School Challenge: North-West University currently leads the Africa region!
- LINGUIST List Please help support your school today!
- 23.1665 Prize of the Day: 3 subscriptions to any Routledge Language & Linguistics Journal
- 23.1666 Why this has to stop! A letter from LINGUIST Advisor Maggie Winters
23.1674 Thank you to our supporters from the Pacific region!
- LINGUIST List We are just $2034 away--support your school today!
23.1681 Prize of the Day: Analysing English as a Lingua Franca
- LINGUIST List Donate now to win this prize and help us end Fund Drive!
23.1688 The votes are in--Brenda Boerger is the winner of the Limerick Contest!
- LINGUIST List Read funny limericks and show your support today!
23.1695 At LINGUIST, we're here to serve you! Can you help to support us?
- LINGUIST List A letter from Student Editor Kristen Dunkinson
- 23.1696 Sociolinguists attain renewed prestige in the Battle of the Fields!
- 23.1719 Fund Drive is Over! Thank You, Supporters!
23.1775 Final Chapter in the LingQuest Saga and Final Round of Prize Winners Within
- LINGUIST List The Fund Drive Denouement Issue