2013 LINGUIST Issues
Topic: Dissertation Abstracts
24.2098 Diss: Historical Ling/Phonetics/Phonology/Spanish: Zampaulo: When Synchrony Meets Diachrony: (Alveolo)Palatal Sound Patterns in Spanish...
- Andre Zampaulo When Synchrony Meets Diachrony: (Alveolo)Palatal Sound Patterns in Spanish and Other Romance Languages
24.1979 Diss: Syntax: Shim: 'Deriving Word Order in Code-Switching...'
- Ji Young Shim Deriving Word Order in Code-Switching: Feature inheritance and word order
24.1941 Diss: Applied Ling/Lang Acq/English: Vraciu: 'Tense-Aspect Morphology in the Advanced English L2 Variety...'
- Eleonora Alexandra Vraciu Tense-Aspect Morphology in the Advanced English L2 Variety: Exploring semantic, discourse and cross-linguistic factors
24.1911 Diss: Applied Ling/Language Acq/Philosophy of Language/English: AbdelWahab Mahmoud: 'The Effectiveness of a Proposed Islamic-Arabic-Culture-Based Programme...'
24.1779 Diss: Socioling/Greek, Modern: Alvanoudi: 'The Social and Cognitive Dimensions of Grammatical Gender'
- Angeliki Alvanoudi The Social and Cognitive Dimensions of Grammatical Gender
24.1755 Diss: Socioling/Portuguese: Lopez: 'A língua de Camoês com Iemanjá...'
- Laura Lopez A língua de Camoês com Iemanjá: forma e funções da linguagem do candomblé
24.1754 Diss: Socioling/Greek, Modern: Alvanoudi: 'The Social and Cognitive Dimensions of Grammatical Gender'
24.1657 Diss: Lang Acq/Phonetics/Phonology/Arabic, Standard/English: Almbark: 'The Perception and Production of SSBE Vowels by Syrian Arabic learners...'
- Rana Alhussein Almbark The Perception and Production of SSBE Vowels by Syrian Arabic learners:The foreign language model
24.1620 Diss: Cognitive Science/Linguistic Theories/Pragmatics/Psycholing/Semantics/Text/Corpus Ling/Chinese, Mandarin/English/Spanish: Rissman: 'Event Participant Representations and the Instrumental Role...'
- Lilia Rissman Event Participant Representations and the Instrumental Role: A cross-linguistic study
24.1555 Diss: Latin Subgroup/Syntax/Latin: Popan: 'Nominal Hyperbaton in Latin...'
- Marin Popan Nominal Hyperbaton in Latin: Its building, typology, text building strategy
24.1490 Diss: Translation/Romanian/Spanish: Topor: 'Verbal Periphrases in Spanish and Romanian...'
- Mihaela Topor Verbal Periphrases in Spanish and Romanian. A contrastive study
24.1488 Diss: Anthro Ling/Discourse Analysis/Socioling: Clark: 'Safety Talk and Service Culture...'
- Barbara Clark Safety Talk and Service Culture: Flight attendant discourse in commercial aviation
24.1472 Diss: Historical Ling/Persian, Iranian: Lenepveu-Hotz: 'Diachronic Study of Persian Verbal System...'
- AGNES LENEPVEU-HOTZ Diachronic Study of Persian Verbal System (10th-16th Centuries): From a balance to another?
24.1283 Diss: Discourse Analysis/Morphology/Pragmatics/Semantics/Syntax: Sundaresan: 'Context and (Co)reference in the Syntax and its Interfaces'
- Sandhya Sundaresan Context and (Co)reference in the Syntax and its Interfaces
24.1279 Diss: Semantics/Krio/Pidgin, Nigerian: Corum: 'Locative Predication in Nigerian Pidgin and Ghanaian Pidgin English'
- Micah Corum Locative Predication in Nigerian Pidgin and Ghanaian Pidgin English
24.1140 Diss: Comp Ling/Lexicography/Semantics/Text/Corpus Ling: Seppälä: 'Contraintes sur la sélection des informations dans les définitions terminographiques...'
- Selja Seppälä Contraintes sur la sélection des informations dans les définitions terminographiques : vers des modèles relationnels génériques pertinents
24.1082 Diss: Lang Acq/English/Russian: Mikhaylova: '(In)complete Acquisition of Aspect in Second Language and Heritage Russian'
- Anna Mikhaylova (In)complete Acquisition of Aspect in Second Language and Heritage Russian
24.1081 Diss: Applied Ling/Lang Acq/Linguistic Theories/Spanish: Garcia: 'Verbalizing in the Second Language Classroom...'
- Prospero Garcia Verbalizing in the Second Language Classroom: The development of the grammatical concept of aspect
24.1016 Diss: Phonetics/Phonology/Psycholing/Socioling/German/Indonesian/Japanese: Sloos: 'Phonological Grammar and Frequency...'
- Marjoleine Sloos Phonological Grammar and Frequency: An integrated approach: Evidence from German, Indonesian and Japanese
24.974 Diss: Lang Acq/ Psycholing/ Typology: Engemann: 'Motion Event Expression in Bilingual First Language Acquisition'
- Helen Engemann Motion Event Expression in Bilingual First Language Acquisition
24.972 Diss: Romance/ Historical Ling/ Romanian: Cohal: 'Mutamenti nel romeno di immigrati in Italia'
- Alexandru Cohal Mutamenti nel romeno di immigrati in Italia
24.965 Diss: Phonology/ Breton/ Welsh: Losad: 'Representation and Variation in Substance-free Phonology...'
- Pavel Iosad Representation and Variation in Substance-free Phonology: A case study in Celtic
24.958 Diss: Applied Ling/ German: Dressler: 'Simultaneous and Sequential Bilinguals in a German Bilingual Program'
- Roswita Dressler Simultaneous and Sequential Bilinguals in a German Bilingual Program
24.931 Diss: Text/Corpus Linguistics/ English: Chateau: 'Paradigm Shifts and Semantic Prosody...'
- Carmela Chateau Smith Paradigm Shifts and Semantic Prosody: Analysis of a diachronic corpus of geological English
24.930 Diss: Language Acq: Upor: 'The Acquisition of Tense-Aspect Morphology among Tanzanian EFL Learners'
- Rose Upor The Acquisition of Tense-Aspect Morphology among Tanzanian EFL Learners
24.701 Diss: Applied Ling/ English: Trabelsi: 'Towards a Framework for Authenticity of Business English Materials for Tunisian Students'
- Soufiane Trabelsi Towards a Framework for Authenticity of Business English Materials for Tunisian Students
24.682 Diss: Lang Doc/ Psycholing/ Typology: de Vos: 'Sign-Spatiality in Kata Kolok...'
- Connie de Vos Sign-Spatiality in Kata Kolok: How a village sign language of Bali inscribes its signing space
24.681 Diss: Eastern Tukanoan/ Anthro Ling/ General Ling/ Lang Doc/ Morphology/ Phonology/ Typology/ Cubeo: Chacon: 'The Phonology and Morphology of Kubeo...'
- Thiago Chacon The Phonology and Morphology of Kubeo: The documentation, theory and description of an Amazonian language
24.539 Diss: Cognitive Science/ Lang Acq/ Phonetics/ Phonology/ Psycholing/ Chinese, Mandarin: Bradley: 'Crosslinguistic Perception of Pitch in Language and Music'
- Evan Bradley Crosslinguistic Perception of Pitch in Language and Music
24.538 Diss: Pragmatics/ Semantics/ Spanish: Fernandez: 'Pluractionality and Aspectual Structure in the Galician Spanish Tener-Perfect'
- Maria del Pilar Chamorro Fernandez Pluractionality and Aspectual Structure in the Galician Spanish Tener-Perfect
24.499 Diss: Historical Ling/ Creole English, Jamaican: Farquharson: 'The African Lexis in Jamaican...'
- Joseph Farquharson The African Lexis in Jamaican: Its linguistic and sociohistorical significance
24.361 Diss: Cognitive Science/ Discourse Analysis/ Philosophy of Language/ Pragmatics: Kapogianni: ' Irony and the Literal Versus Nonliteral Distinction...'
- Eleni Kapogianni Irony and the Literal Versus Nonliteral Distinction: A typological approach with focus on ironic implicature strength
24.344 Diss: Cognitive Science/ Psycholing/ Semantics: Dery: 'Scene-Salience-Driven Effects in Discourse Processing'
- Jeruen Dery Scene-Salience-Driven Effects in Discourse Processing
24.327 Diss: Phonetics/ Socioling/ English: Ziliak: 'The Relationship between Perception and Production in Adult Acquisition of a New Dialect's Phonetic System'
- Zoe Ziliak The Relationship between Perception and Production in Adult Acquisition of a New Dialect's Phonetic System
24.171 Diss: Phonology: Bennett: 'Dissimilation, Consonant Harmony, and Surface Correspondence'
- William Bennett Dissimilation, Consonant Harmony, and Surface Correspondence
24.145 Diss: Language Acquisition/ Czech: Vanek: 'A Linguistic Analysis of Event Conceptualisation Processes in First and Second Language Discourse'
- Norbert Vanek A Linguistic Analysis of Event Conceptualisation Processes in First and Second Language Discourse
24.144 Diss: Cognitive Science/ Comp Ling/ Discourse Analysis/ Pragmatics/ Psycholing/ Semantics/ Text/Corpus Ling/ English: Lee: 'The Mental Timeline in Discourse Organization and Processing'
- Choonkyu Lee The Mental Timeline in Discourse Organization and Processing
24.101 Diss: Applied Ling/ English: Foroozandeh: 'Evaluation of the TEFL Program at Master's Level in Iran'
- Elham Foroozandeh Evaluation of the TEFL Program at Master's Level in Iran
24.100 Diss: Dravidian/ Indo-Aryan/ Munda/ Tibeto-Burman/ Phonology/ Hindi/ Kalasha/ Kohistani, Indus/ Kumarbhag Paharia/ Mundari/ Pengo/ Punjabi/ Santali/ Sauria Paharia: Arsenault: 'Retroflex Consonant Harmony in South Asia'
- Paul Arsenault Retroflex Consonant Harmony in South Asia
24.41 Diss: Philosophy of Language/ English: Tice: 'Thought, Function, and Form'
- Bradley Tice Thought, Function, and Form: The language of physics
24.36 Diss: Psycholinguistics: de la Cruz Pavía: 'Chunking the Input...'
- Irene de la Cruz Pavía Chunking the Input: on the role of frequency and prosody in the segmentation strategies of adult bilinguals
24.28 Diss: Discourse Analysis/ General Ling/ Lang Acq/ Socioling: Hallett: 'African American English in Urban Education...'
- Jill Hallett African American English in Urban Education: A multimethodological approach to understanding classroom discourse strategies
,Jewellery UK Online
,Digital Camera Reviews
,Digital Camera Buying Guide
,Jackets on Sale
,Cheap WoW Gold
,Buy WoW Gold