The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
2011 LINGUIST Issues
22.168 Media: Apple's Initiative to Preserve Cherokee Language
- Paul Chapin Cherokee-Apple Initiative to Preserve Language
22.488 Media: Culturomics article in 'Science' Journal
- Paul Chapin Culturomics article in 'Science' Journal
22.944 Media: The King's Speech and Stuttering Research
- Lisa Evans The King's Speech and Stuttering Research
22.1442 Media: Burushaski Language Preservation
- Michael Cahill Burushaski Language Preservation
22.2843 Media: Cognitive Sci and Tenured Profs at U. Louisiana
- Monica Gonzalez-Marquez Cognitive Sci and Tenured Profs at U. Louisiana
22.3228 Media: Language Revival Efforts at NSW State Library
- Amy Brunett Language Revival Efforts at NSW State Library
22.3563 Media: Yeniseian-Na-Dene link?
- Amy Brunett Yeniseian-Na-Dene link?
22.3564 Media: An Article on Slang Trends
- Amy Brunett An Article on Slang Trends
22.3835 Media: Phonetics and Telekinesis
- Mark Jones Phonetics and Telekinesis
22.3836 Media: Robots Invent a Language
- Mfon Udoinyang Robots Invent a Language
- 22.3903 Media: Telugu Internet Conference held: discusses Unicode, fonts
- 22.3904 Media: iPhone voice recognition Siri doesn't have Spanish: Why not?
22.3905 Media: New AIEMCA videos
- Edward Reynolds New AIEMCA videos
22.3906 Media: Endangered Languages in New York
- Lowell Winterbottom Endangered Languages in New York
- 22.3929 Media: Welsh Language Board replaced by one Commissioner
22.3930 Media: Klingon no problem for man with Dyslexia
- Brent Woo Klingon no problem for man with Dyslexia
22.3931 Media: How do you spell West Bengal's new name?
- Brent Woo How do you spell West Bengal's new name?
- 22.3946 Media: Language Learning versus Language (Translation) Technology
- 22.3947 Media: Is Speech Regulation the Sewage Control of Society?
22.3989 Media: Discourse Analysis of Scripture
- Brent Woo Discourse Analysis of Scripture
22.3990 Media: Language and the Unconscious
- Brent Woo Language and the Unconscious
22.4051 Media: Wordclouds Ignore Language
- Brent Woo Wordclouds Ignore Language
- 22.4172 Media: 18th-century Copiale Cipher solved by statistical algorithm
- 22.4905 Media: Australian politician Bishop: Asian languages are a must
22.5149 Media: Conclusion of the First MITRE Challenge
- Karina Wright Conclusion of the First MITRE Challenge