Job Announcement: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Chinese, Mandarin; English; General Linguistics: Associate Professor/Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
|Job Location:||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
Professor/Associate Professor in Applied Chinese Linguistics/Chinese Literature/Bilingualism and Communication/Chinese Linguistics/Foreign or Second Language Education/Translation and Interpreting (four posts)
The appointees will be required to:
- Engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Take an important role in curriculum design and development.
- Undertake scholarly research in his/her area of expertise.
- Provide administrative support for academic and departmental affairs, and play an active role in programme management for further development of the Department’s objectives.
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with the specialism in Cantonese Linguistics, Chinese Syntax, Applied Psycholingusitics, Applied Sociolinguistics, Bilingual Corporate Communication, Cross-cultural Communication, First/Second Language Acquisition, First/Second-Language Education Pedagogy, Legal Translation, Media Translation, or Interpreting.
- At least ten years’ relevant post-qualification experience and an excellent record of relevant academic and/or professional achievements.
- Fuency in English.
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities and professional service.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service:
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. An appropriate term will be provided for appointments at Associate Professor and Professor levels. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form to Ms. Angie Chau (see contact information and application information). If you would like to provide a separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from the application website. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/jobpics.htm.
Successful candidates are expected to undertake academic research in his/her area of expertise, including but not limited to application for external research grants and participation in research projects. Appointees at Professor level will be expected to provide academic leadership in his/her area of expertise. Preference will be given to those who have fluency in Chinese (both written and spoken).
Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement of Professor in Bilingualism and Communication / Chinese Linguistics / Foreign or Second Language Education / Translation and Interpreting on 15 January 2013 need not re-apply. Please visit the department URL for more information about the department.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Human Resources Office, 13/F
Li Ka Shing Tower
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom
click here to access email
click here to access email