The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
English; Applied Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics; Ling and Literature; Chinese Linguistics: Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
|Job Location:||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Title:||Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor|
Research Assistant Professor
Ling & Literature
Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor in Applied Chinese Linguistics/Chinese Literature/Chinese Linguistics (two posts)
The appointees will be required to:
- Engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Take an important role in curriculum design and development.
- Undertake scholarly research in his/her area of expertise.
- Provide administrative support for academic and departmental affairs, and play an active role in programme management for further development of the department’s objectives.
Successful candidates are expected to undertake academic research in his/her area of expertise, including but not limited to application for external research grants and participation in research projects.
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with the specialism in Speech Pathology, Speech Therapy, Cantonese Linguistics, Teaching Discipline-specific Chinese (e.g. Corporate Chinese, Legal Chinese, STEM Chinese), or Classical Novel/Drama/Poetry (for international students).
- A good record of relevant academic and/or professional achievements.
- The relevant research experience (as supported by evidence of research projects and outputs).
- Experience of postdoctoral research positions will be a plus but not required.
- Fluency in English.
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities and professional service.
Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement of Assistant Professor in Applied Chinese Linguistics/Chinese Literature/Bilingualisum and Communication/Chinese Language Education/Chinese Linguistics/Translation and Interpreting on 15 January 2013 need not re-apply. Please visit the department URL for more information about the department.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service:
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments for Assistant professor will be made on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Appointments for research assistant professor (with remuneration package same as that for an assistant professor) will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract for up to three years. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form to Ms. Angie Chau (see contact information and application information). If you would like to provide a separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from the application website. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/jobpics.htm.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Human Resources Office, 13/F
Li Ka Shing Tower
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom
click here to access email
click here to access email