The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Applied Lingusitics; Translation: Teaching Fellow, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
|Job Location:||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
Teaching Fellow in Bilingualism and Communication / Translation and Interpreting (three posts)
The appointees will be required to:
- Engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Engage in scholarly activities in his/her area of expertise.
- Undertake administrative duties in academic and departmental affairs.
Applicants should have:
- A master’s degree or above in a relevant discipline, preferably with the specialism in cross-cultural communication, language studies, literary studies, translation studies or related fields.
- At least three years’ relevant post-qualification teaching or working experience.
- Effective classroom teaching skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and professional service.
For the post in Bilingualism & Communication, preference will be given to those with working experience in corporate and/or media communication. Please visit the department URL for more information about the Department.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service:
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments will be made on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form to Ms. Angie Chau (see contact information and application information). If you would like to provide a separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from the application website. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/jobpics.htm.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Human Resources Office, 13/F
Li Ka Shing Tower
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom
click here to access email
click here to access email