The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Qatar University
English & Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
The Department of Foreign Languages is seeking candidates for two faculty
positions at the levels of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor, in the
field of English Linguistics/Discourse Analysis and Literature/Drama.
Earned doctorate degrees in the relevant fields are required at the time of
application. Candidates who are native speakers of English are preferred.
The candidates should have interest and experience in the teaching of a
broad spectrum of linguistic subfield or literary genres. The following
areas in the field of specialization are of particular interest
- Analysis of written and spoken discourse
- Text analysis
- English essay writing
- Applied Linguistics
- Elizabethan Drama
- Twentieth century British Drama
- American Drama
The positions are available beginning September 2007.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Interest in and promise of excellence in teaching a broad range of
courses in their general fields (English Literature, Linguistics)
- Evidence of, or potential for, research and other scholarly activities
- Capability in the use of modern electronic techniques in his/her teaching.
Candidates are expected to:
- Bring innovation to instruction
- Be involved in research programs individually or collectively
- Be willing to be involved in university and community services
Qatar University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including;
- Three-year renewable contract
- Competitive tax free salary
- Free furnished and air-conditioned accommodation
- Round-trip travel for faculty members and dependents
- Public health care to candidate and family members
- Educational expenses of candidate's children in accordance with QU policies
- Annual summer leave travel
- End-of-contract indemnity
The candidate must submit the following required documents:
- University online application form
- Current curriculum vitae with cover letter
- Letter of interest and evidence of successful teaching
- Names and email addresses of three professional references
Apply by posting you application on the university online recruitment
system on our website. For more information, visit the department web site.
Qatar University is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to
becoming a model university of the twenty-first century in the region.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
, assistant professor
click here to access email