The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: St. Cloud State University
General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, St. Cloud State University, Minnesota, USA
St. Cloud State University
Department of English
|Job Location:||Minnesota, USA|
|Title:||Assistant Professor of Linguistics, full-time, fixed-term position|
Date of appointment: August 21, 2013
Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Department of English (http://www.stcloudstate.edu/english) is seeking to fill a fixed-term faculty position for 2013-14 academic year.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in acoustic phonetics, and phonology, as well as other undergraduate linguistics courses in the areas of language and society with an emphasis on American English, introductory linguistics, and syntax. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to teach first year composition. Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at the following URL: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or ABD in linguistics, applied linguistics or a closely related field
- Experience teaching acoustic phonetics, phonology, language and society (American English), introduction to linguistics, syntax
- Evidence of the ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience teaching linguistics courses at the undergraduate level
- First year composition teaching experience
To apply for this position, please continue the process via the application website. Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Review begins July 1, 2013; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
click here to access email
Jim Robinson &
, Search Committee Co-Chairs
click here to access email