The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Macquarie University
Cognitive Science; General Linguistics: Post Doc, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
|Job Location:||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Title:||CCD Postdoctoral Research Fellow|
Macquarie University is first among the nation's universities under 50 years of age. Located on 126 hectares, we enjoy excellent facilities including a state-of-the-art library, the country's most technologically advanced hospital with associated research facilities and new models for industry engagement and research, an exceptional sports complex and we are easily accessible by rail and bus.
The Faculty of Human Sciences is a unique and exciting combination of disciplines across 4 key areas of expertise - Health, Education, Language and the Mind. The faculty is known for its high calibre professionally accredited courses and its research excellence across our Departments of Education and Early Childhood, Linguistics, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Health Professions and Advanced Medicine.
The Faculty of Human Sciences covers a broad range of disciplines and is home to the Department of Cognitive Science, which hosts the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders.
An opportunity for two postdoctoral research positions exists within the Language Program of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD). The Language Program investigates the development of language in children, and how language is impaired in children and adults with language disorders (e.g., specific language impairment (SLI), aphasia).
Applicants will have a strong track record relative to career stage, including publications and/or conference presentations. The level of appointment will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
To be considered for one of these positions, please address the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process. Please also submit two academic references in support of your application.
Essential for Levels A & B:
- PhD in Linguistics awarded by the time of taking up the appointment.
- Demonstrable ability to conduct research and work successfully in a research team.
Essential for Level B:
- Experience in Honours or graduate supervision
- A well-articulated research agenda and a track record of good quality publications relevant to stage of career
- Experience in planning research projects and attracting research funding.
- Research projects aligning with existing or emerging research strengths in the CCD
- A demonstrated ability to attract external funding for research and a record of competitive grant successes
- Experience and interest in interdisciplinary research
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance.
- Academic Level A, base salary from $62,526.00 - $84,193.00 p.a.
- Academic Level B, base salary from $88,741.00 - $104,996.00 p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time, 3 year fixed-term, available now.
For further information about the positions, please contact Professor Stephen Crain at email@example.com or Lesley McKnight on 02 9850 9599 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries:
Please contact Patsy Moss on email@example.com or +61-2-9850 9821
11:55pm Sunday 22nd September 2013, Australian Eastern Standard Time
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
click here to access email